Resonator King 8-string tenor?

greenie44

Big King Velour
UU VIP
Reaction score
Hi all -

I just came across an 8-string model of a Resonator King tenor uke. It was pretty intriguing, and I was wondering if anyone out there in UUland could comment on these questions about it -

- Do you know anything about the long-term stability of these instruments?
- The one I saw had metal stings. Could you use something else to mediate the sound a bit
- Any idea what a good price would be for one of these?

Heck, ever seen one before at all?

It's intriguing both because of the resonator sound and the 8-string, which takes the chimey nature to another level.

Thanks in advance for any advice or guidance.

I cant find anything on such an instrument with a Google search. Is the brand Recording King?

My first guess is that's its an 8 string Mandolin and not a ukulele that your are talking about as mandolins DO have 8 steel strings. You wouldn't be the first person to mix up a mandolin with a ukulele.

Anthony

I cant find anything on such an instrument with a Google search. Is the brand Recording King?

My first guess is that's its an 8 string Mandolin and not a ukulele that your are talking about as mandolins DO have 8 steel strings. You wouldn't be the first person to mix up a mandolin with a ukulele.

Anthony

Ah, and probably not the last. Following your sage advice, I googled Resonator King (yes, it is that brand) mandolin, and there it was. I did ask if this was a tenor uke, and was told it was, but since this conversation was taking place in a music store in Shanghai, translation issues are probably par for the course.

Thanks for your help in solving this one. I think I can avoid MAS at this point. Curiously enough, the second price (the one after I balked at the retail price) was still more than the price at Amazon. A lesson learned . . . .

I'm glad you sorted it out. I still can't get any hits for Resonator King. There's a Recording King 8 string resonator Mandolin.

Anthony

Top Bottom