KoAloha solid body tenor

wickedwahine11

Reaction score
Nice, I wonder if these will be a production model or special order only?

I saw this uke at the Festival...

wow and Corey can play with the best of them...his CD should be out soon too...

MGM can order these but it may take a while...

pretty sure you will see another Special KoAloha on Andrew's review soon..

had fun with Andrew,Mike and Corey at The Festival yesterday...

These are a one of a Kind Custom Red Label Koaloha,,,,not planned for production.

Aloha Mike...

wow this KoAloha one of a kind...wow
what happens if a bunch of people want one? they still won't build them?

Thanks for letting me help out yesterday...was good fun but a long day...haha

I know so may people in the uke community now...and I met all the Kamaka's yesterday too...

but what can I say...I was surprised when Brittni Paiva came over to say Hi...that was awesome!
I was so happy to talk to her...wow

Thanks Andrew,MGM and Corey it was a great day hanging with you guys at The Ukulele Festival...

I LOVE the sound of this uke and am a major KoAloha fan, we have four KoAloha's in my house. I would LOVE to have the solid body, but it is so out of my price range. I wish they would put it into production.

Mike and Len, is this KoAloha chambered body like a KoOlau CE, or is it solid? Is the body the same size as a CE (it looks slightly smaller)?

I agree with Stacy, this KoAloha is so rich and unique, it may well be collectible. I saw it on HMS Uke Site and drooled my shorts wet. I wonder how many pints of plasma I'd need to sell to get that kind of dough.

Stacy, neither you or I sprung for Brittni's KoAloha for the same price as this, remember? I think one of us should pop for this (with Better Than Weather, plus you know the family). I bow to you to buy it; I'm not worthy.

The pictures are beautiful, but man, from holding and admiring that instrument in person, I could really see the level of care and attention put into building it. The cutout was perfectly sanded and contoured to perfection. The upper bout where your arm would rest is also perfectly beveled. The whole instrument appeared to be hand-sanded to perfection. Also in love with the logo overlay--I was never crazy about the huge MOP inlay in the headstock. The wood also looked incredible in the sun. I don't know if KoAloha changed anything with their manufacturing process or finishing, but I think this was one of the best examples of build quality that I have seen from them.

Finally, it's nice to see that KoAloha comes back to their ongoing motif of incorporating many different woods into a single instrument. (Ex the La'au Ku'i.)

P.S. They really upped their keychain game too this year.
b7e2e816f27111e29f7222000a9f130b_7.jpg

Mike and Len, is this KoAloha chambered body like a KoOlau CE, or is it solid? Is the body the same size as a CE (it looks slightly smaller)?

I agree with Stacy, this KoAloha is so rich and unique, it may well be collectible. I saw it on HMS Uke Site and drooled my shorts wet. I wonder how many pints of plasma I'd need to sell to get that kind of dough.

Stacy, neither you or I sprung for Brittni's KoAloha for the same price as this, remember? I think one of us should pop for this (with Better Than Weather, plus you know the family). I bow to you to buy it; I'm not worthy.

Hey Cool..it is a solid body..different from the Ko'olau's

check out Andrew's site..he reviews all the ukes he gets and some others too...
btw there was a Pono solid body(like the CE Ko'olau) prototype at the HMS tent yesterday...

www.theukulelereview.com

Last edited:
The pictures are beautiful, but man, from holding and admiring that instrument in person, I could really see the level of care and attention put into building it. The cutout was perfectly sanded and contoured to perfection. The upper bout where your arm would rest is also perfectly beveled. The whole instrument appeared to be hand-sanded to perfection. Also in love with the logo overlay--I was never crazy about the huge MOP inlay in the headstock. The wood also looked incredible in the sun. I don't know if KoAloha changed anything with their manufacturing process or finishing, but I think this was one of the best examples of build quality that I have seen from them.

Finally, it's nice to see that KoAloha comes back to their ongoing motif of incorporating many different woods into a single instrument. (Ex the La'au Ku'

View attachment 56240

Hey Jon. Did you, or anyone else for that matter, have a chance to play that other tenor in MGM's pics with the partial musubi sound hole and side sound port? That one looks really sweet and I am curious about the sound and volume without their traditional sound hole.

View attachment 56240

I would KILL for that keychain. If anyone has an extra I will pay a small fortune for one!

Ha! Don't I wish! I actually have a uke on order with them (due any day now) but this one is going to have to be drooled over from afar.

Someone better buy that solid body before I end up foolishly spending my home renovation dollars on it

Someone better buy that solid body before I end up foolishly spending my home renovation dollars on it

Steve was it you...this uke already sold..haha
and the Zebra wood with the SSP..gone too...wow

you can still get the Maple/Cedar or the Koa uke with a SSP

No, but thank goodness it's gone, so it can't tempt me! And I don't even like electric ukes. But that thing looked amazing

Steve was it you...this uke already sold..haha
and the Zebra wood with the SSP..gone too...wow

you can still get the Maple/Cedar or the Koa uke with a SSP

I would KILL for that keychain. If anyone has an extra I will pay a small fortune for one!

If you have a uke on order with them, and you're picking up in person, they might have spare parts for these left at the factory....and yes, parts...b/c the activity was to sand it, glue the bridge and fretboard, and finish it with lemon oil. Yeah, I'm on the green label team...I build KoAloha keychains.

Someone off UU must have bought it.

On the bright side for the rest of us: we all still have three thousand doll hairs in our pockets ready to spend now on a new uke. Or rent. Or a car. Or groceries. lol

Top Bottom