Can anyone identify this ukulele?

Renaissance-Man

Reaction score
I found this ukulele for sale on the web. I realize it's just an inexpensive uke, but I'm trying to figure-out if it's worth $100 plus shipping. Does anyone recognize it?

Mahalo

Attachments

• no-name-ukulele-small.jpg
    no-name-ukulele-small.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 81
I've seen that uke before! Seriously, look at those tuning pegs, and the inlay-decal around the soundhole. And those gold frets that look as if they should be support beams on a battleship. I've seen this exact ukulele sold under a variety of different banners, almost like no company wants to take the credit for manufacturing it. You could call it Mahalo, Johnson, Fred, whatevah. And you have to pay shipping too?! If they're shipping it from the moon, then maybe $100 makes sense, but I'd leave it where it is.

Last edited:
I would suggest steering clear of no-name imports, theres a lot of cheap, poorly built ukes being made. Instead I would suggest getting a ukulele like a Lanikai or Kamoa (which you can get from the UU store), there the same price range and have decent reputations. for $100 you could get a lot more uke than that.

Last edited:
Yes, keep your $100 and look for a better uke

I was thinking about giving it to a non-playing friend, to convert him into a playing friend. Once he's hooked, he'd probably catch UAS.

Oh, okay. Have you thought of giving him a Makala/Kala? A decent one can be had for under a hundred dollars.

Top Bottom