PDA

View Full Version : Nice link for beginers..

mm stan
07-23-2013, 06:02 AM
http://truefire.com/tftv/?channel=ukulele-guitar-players&videofile=mp4:ukulele-guitar-players-videos/mmufg-66

Kayak Jim
07-23-2013, 07:15 AM
Thanks for the heads up Stan.

Looks like $19 for 175 hrs of video (or I haven't yet figured out what is a "Master" or "Pro" student). Have to work out how this compares to UU+. Guess it depends how quickly one progresses through the videos. I do like Marcy as an instructor better than Aldrine.

Olarte
07-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Thanks for the link Stan.

I like Marcy's stuff and it seems to be a lot of content.

In fact I'm trying this out, a free membership sample a few things and get $10 discount on a purchase.

If I like it I plan to put the $10 towards the Uke for guitar players and the Harmonica courses download... then I can cancel and use these as that's all I'm really interested in.. everybody wins ;-)

Olarte
07-23-2013, 01:49 PM
Thanks again Stan, Man I just purchased the download of the UKE for guitar players and the Harmonica courses... with $10 off, so it cost like $40 but I don't need the monthly subscription.

BOth courses are excellent! really! each short video is a true gem.. and there's a lot of them. also a great surprise, eventhough it says that the videos can only be watched with their player, I can mirror it to my tv from the mac, or better yet the videos are in MP4 format so I can transfer the ones I want to my ipad as well....

They also have a set of 200 blues tracks in MP3 that I may get later for $10 they all run a couple of minutes and would be great to jam with the uke, harmonica etc.

A great find, and I actually don't think this is for beginners, it's more like for taking playing to an intermediate player level but very easy to follow!

thanks again!

Ivan

Alloalexandre
07-25-2013, 09:34 AM
I just bought the Uke for guitar players course even though I never played the guitar and I think this is a great course and that was only about 15$....I did not buy the membership, just the course.

What I like is the Chord progression Play along and the structure it gives me. I have not gone through the Strumming and fingerpicking section yet but I likethe course very much so far.

I also like the UU+ lessons.

Olarte
07-25-2013, 10:11 AM
yes it's quite good. Some dvds are either too short, easy or hard.. this one is just right...

I have gone through a 3rd of it. and it's great. very well broken down into 2-5 min nuggets that you can do over and over.. and for a goal, look at the 12 street rag a the end.. that's something to shoot for!

the only thing I don't like is the tabs. it's all chord charts for each note, but that's ok.

If you really like it you might want to check the harmonica course that is even better. I has sparked my interested in that as well and I have started going through that one as well.

mm stan
07-25-2013, 11:42 AM
Yes Yes Glad you both enjoy it....to me very good info and no fillers....yes it is to take you to another level..... I am not surprised more UUers have not
tried it....oh well.. Happy Strummings.... Yes Olarte, I too have a unused harmonica and should try the course too... :)