PDA

View Full Version : Oh what joy to try out that was!!

Ukeplayer2013
07-23-2013, 08:01 AM
Went to my LMS with my daughter and I have found and tried the kala ka-c. Immediately fell in love with it. Couldn't believe how lighter it was compared to my dolphin Makala. It sounds great!!! The price tag was 122$. How I wish that I could get it :( but I'll wait till my birthday or Christmas. I at least tried it and loved it! Just thought I'd share this with you all.

Trout
07-23-2013, 01:38 PM
Congrats on finding your next uke... goals are always good. Remember, be happy where your at though. Sometimes we can have a good thing and forget about how good it is, because we're looking to another horizon. The Dolphin is great from traveling around and often the go-to for that purpose, i.e. outdoor use.

Ukeplayer2013
07-23-2013, 03:10 PM
Don't get me wrong T, I love my dolphin, I got UAS lol. Kala stay home when I go out and dolphin goes where I go and let my daughter play with the dolphin as well so I'm in a happy medium. LoL!! I hope to purchase it soon :Design fingers crossed xD

itsme
07-23-2013, 03:24 PM
The price tag was 122$. How I wish that I could get it :( but I'll wait till my birthday or Christmas. I at least tried it and loved it!
Time to start saving your pennies. :)

Can you bring a sandwich to work for lunch instead of dining out, or give up some Starbucks drinks or such? You'd be surprised how quickly that stuff adds up.

Kyle23
07-23-2013, 03:58 PM
Once you step up to a better uke, it will definitely make you want to play more. I was lucky to get a better uke by mistake when they sent the wrong one to me and told me to keep it, but I bought a worse uke as my second one and if I would have started with the worse one and got my other one after, it would have made a huge difference.

Ukeplayer2013
07-23-2013, 05:41 PM
If I would've seen the kala-c. I would have immediately put a down payment on it. Hands down. Never thought I'd love the ukulele. I've played guitar since I was 14 years old and I'm 33 now. I barely have put my uke down. If I ain't doing anything I got my ukulele right there and ready. I should have started a few years back. :D once I get the kala. I'm good until my kids go to college or they get together and buy me one. They are very young still. But never know lol.