Interest Check: Kamaka HP-1, Pineapple Ukulele w/hsc

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Maron

Reaction score
Howdy All:

Doing some reconsideration(s) of what gets played and what gets paid.

That said, I'm thinking about posting my Kamaka HP-1 pineapple. Pristine condition, build date of, I believe '07, but the last digit of the date stamp is hard to make out. Serial No. is D60976. Wood-core hard shell case included.

Specifically, no drops, scratches, dings, discolorations, blemishes, repairs, chips, warps of any sort. It's a lovely instrument, but gets played the least of all my ukes. There is no reason, it just is.

So, that's the reason (such as it is) and the condition of the instrument. MSRP is $845, so I'm thinking $630, which includes ground (UPS or USPS Priority Mail) shipping to the lower 48. I'd be open to other shipping methods, but they would likely cost more.

Pics and more details available, but I really wanted to see if there's even a market right now.

Best wishes,
- David

Last edited:
How would you see if there's even a market now by posting on UU? Just curious.

I haven't seen many pineapples posted lately, except Black Bears. If there doesn't appear to be an interest at this time, or if I get reasonable feedback that I'm not thinking about a fair price, then I'd take that into consideration before posting. Likewise if I'm somehow off about anything else that I'm just not spotting.

Last edited:
Sounds like a square deal to me, David.

Post those pics and sell that uke!

There's supposed to be one picture each of front, back, left side, and right side.

I had some "technical difficulty" getting that to happen. There are duplicates: all the same instrument, same pictures...but each of the four stated views. The difficulties were me, not doing a good job of managing the upload and editing functions.

I'll get batteries for my camera tomorrow and try for a clearer set.

It's definitely for sale. I feel pretty confident about the price being fair, and the condition is exactly as stated. I will post it for sale and take additional pics later today.

I will try to sort out the last digit of the build date too. Seems like a completely reasonable thing to answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom