I salute you!

Ukuleleon

Reaction score
Dear players, I salute you!

Let me take a moment to introduce myself here. I'm a father and husband and I love photography, UX/ UI design and making music.

I played the piano in my teenage years but stopped taking classes around 1994. Since then I've been playing the piano on and off and also tried the diatonic harmonica. I have always had a passion for music and it has always been a means of expression for me.

The last few years I had been thinking of taking up music again and recently I decided I wanted to learn the guitar, when I found out about the Ukulele.

I fell in love immediately with the beautiful sounds of this 'simple' 4 string instrument (I watched Jake Shimabukuro on youtube for hours on end :)) .

My next steps will be to buy a good book and surf the net to get to know the instrument better. Then I will buy a Uke and start taking lessons!

Ayway, this is my introduction:). It's good to be here!

Aloha Ukuleleon...don't know your name... rock on :)

Welcome to the UU forums and the ukulele...Yes yes you are on the best uke forums online...woo hoo we have the most friendly and nicest members around offering great advice.
Happy Strummings

Leon's the name, I converted that into Ukuleleon :) Nice to meet you!

Ukulele for Dummies is widely recommended here if you are looking for a book
I'll second that recommendation. It's a great book that covers all bases.

To start on your quest to buy a uke, I'd say the first step is to decide which size you want.

You didn't say where you live, but perhaps there's a store near you (even a Guitar Center) where you can try the various sizes. Or seek out a uke group. meetup.com probably has some in your area.

Most ukers are incredibly friendly and will be happy to let you try their ukes and give you advice.

Greetings and welcome. At UU, you will always get expert advice. Most often, it will also be correct! LOL

Thanks everyone ! :) Not even 24 hrs after signing up and already great advice!

I will check out the Dummies book. Thanks!

hi leon. i started on guitar also but found the ukulele and rarely play the guitar much anymore, the uke is fun. welcome!

As we like to meet in real life, I wondered where you are from.
there are many uke gatherings all over the world.

Thanks, I'm from the Netherlands.

The other day I ordered the Dummies book on the I-pad. A great read and the video and audio samples are really handy!

Top Bottom