Anyone know where WS64 is?

coolkayaker1

Reaction score
Wolfgang, WS64, has been a UU member since 2008, posting threads about his videos at times. His last post here is March '12, however.

I enjoy his videos greatly. He's a soprano enthusiast, he plays so eloquently, and he was quite prolific in recording video for about three years, then they slowed, and then there was only one, about 5 months ago, then they just stopped.

Anybody know where he is and if he's okay? Can someone in Germany please go knock on his door or throw pebbles at his window or something?

I'm concerned about this UU member. Thanks.

Last edited:
When I first started playing 4 1/2 years ago, WS64 was a big influence on me. Not that I come close to playing like him, but it gave me something to aspire to. I always loved his instrumental of Julian Lennon's "Saltwater."

I haven't been to his youtube channel for a couple of years, so I don't have any information about his whereabouts Steve.

I'm often on the German uke forum since 2009 and I haven't seen him post on there in a VERY LONG TIME. He's from Cologne and doesn't attend the ukulele club's meetings there.

Petey

He was one of the YouTube artists who inspired me to pick up uke - one of probably 4 or 5 who really made me have to have one. I hope he's all right. I know in a couple of his videos it looks like he might have had some health problems but that could have just been fatigue or lighting, too.

Anyway, I hope he is well and playing somewhere!

John

That guy is a first class chord melody player! Very calm demeanor too. Just don't get him mad by asking for TABs! He's got limits! hehe

I've attended the annual German ukulele player get together in Winterswijk, Holland in 2011 and he's never been to that event. I like to do German folk songs on the uke and a few years back, he was impressed I was working on a German folk song he had not heard of. I was honored that he took interest in my zany song project... still haven't recorded it yet, but it's arranged and ready to go when I will get my act together one day... too many songs to record in my backlog... about 25 right now on my plate... and with my bad back... hehe

Petey

Thanks for the replies, all. He seems rather reclusive, esp if he's not attended the events in Germany.

I agree that he is one big reason that I picked up the ukulele. His videos inspired me, too.

He makes the soprano ukulele sing.

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies, all. He seems rather reclusive, esp if he's not attended the events in Germany.

I agree, John. He seems to be in slightly failing health in some recent videos. I also agree that he is one big reason that I picked up the ukulele. His videos inspired me, too.

He makes the soprano ukulele sing.

His last upload to YT was 5 months ago, so while he's not terrifically active there, he's still clearly more active there than here. Why don't you drop him a PM? I'm sure he'd appreciate that.

His last upload to YT was 5 months ago, so while he's not terrifically active there, he's still clearly more active there than here. Why don't you drop him a PM? I'm sure he'd appreciate that.

Okay, Redpaul1. I'll send a hot jot to his mail slot. I'll report back what I get, all.

"Very calm demeanor too. Just don't get him mad by asking for TABs! He's got limits! hehe" Peter, that is so true.

I just posted on the German uke forum asking about his whereabouts. That should get some answers pretty fast from some of the forum members in the know!

http://www.ukulelenclub.de/Forum/UseBB/topic.php?id=16132

Maybe he needs a boost! I've been rock bottom the last six months so I can understand if that is the case. hehe

Petey

Last edited:
Thanks! Since it's in German, we can't read it. Please let us know what you find out...Spottie. hehe

Petey

I will keep you all informed in English! hehe My post is sure to get some feedback on the Germany uke front. Germany is 6 hours ahead so everyone is sleeping right now over there.

Indeed, my username on their forum since 2009 is "Spottdrossel", rather Mockingbird, and shorter in German as "Spottie." In German, nicknames often end with that "ee" sound. Like Petey, Stevee, Georgee, etc...

gotta hit the hay!

Petey

COntacting him was the right thing to do. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me posting for you all, all fans of his and all who were positively impacted by his videos. Here's the quote:

Hi Steve,

I'm fine, I just nearly completely lost interest in music, I'll take a break...
Not the first btw, I already stopped once in 1996 and did not do anything until 2006 (when I discovered the ukulele for myself).
But really nothing to worry about.

Bye
WS

What a great fellow. I hope he gets the "bug" back to make more music.

It's sad a little... I hope I will never loose my interest in music...

It's just like with GX9901 ... It was always a great pleasure to read his blog and watch his videos and read about his new instruments. Now his last blog post is from April 1 2012 and it seems that he no longer visits this forum.

Thanks! Since it's in German, we can't read it. Please let us know what you find out...Spottie. hehe

Petey

The reply reads:

Wolfgang schreibt noch des öfteren in einem eReader-Forum. Also leben tut er noch ;) Möglicherweise hat er auf die Ukulelen-Foren momentan einfach keine Lust.

Which translates as "Wolfgang still posts quite often in an eReader-Forum. So he's still alive ;) Likely he has simply no interest in Ukulele-Forums at the moment."

Contacting him was the right thing to do. I'm sure he wouldn't mind me posting for you all, all fans of his and all who were positively impacted by his videos. Here's the quote:

Hi Steve,

I'm fine, I just nearly completely lost interest in music, I'll take a break...
Not the first btw, I already stopped once in 1996 and did not do anything until 2006 (when I discovered the ukulele for myself).
But really nothing to worry about.

Bye
WS

Thanks for that coolkayaker. Disappointing news in one way that he's lost interest, but reassuring in another that he's OK (I had also dropped him a line on YT (no reply as yet)). In his 2012 Xmas video, he mentioned he'd lost 19kg, and that he hardly played ukulele anymore. It's all too easy from there to start putting two & two together and coming up with five!

On the other hand - prior to posting that video, he'd put up 5 solo versions of complete Beatles albums, so perhaps he feel he deserves a well-earned rest!

Last edited:
Thanks for the great detective work Steve. Most of us go through ebbs and flows with things in our lives, but I haven't hit that yet with the ukulele.

Here's hoping that Wolfgang regains his passion for the uke that he once had. But I'm just glad to hear that he is doing alright.

Wolfgang is a real inspiration for me. He has done a number of classical pieces. I hope he decides to pick it up again someday. We all go through seasons and changes. I wish him all the best in whatever is inspiring him at the moment.

I would like to think that the ukulele will be a part of my life forever, but you never know which way life's journey will take you

I'm glad he's ok. He's into the eReader forum. Maybe he can tell me why my Sony eReader always crashes?!!! Argh! And why the PC doesn't recognize it half the time? hehe

Funny he started on 2006 when I did. I found it myself as well. I understand getting saturated with the uke and music... but I'm glad he's ok. That guy has inspired a lot of people including myself to do vids!

Petey

Top Bottom