NUD: I have the best wife ever

Tele295

Reaction score
My birthday present from my darling appeared a few days early. I have the best wife ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She wants me to use it at the Kanikapila this Sunday (my actual birthday.

So it's an Ojai Valley uke. I haven't heard them discussed here, but it is really a fine instrument. Solid Koa back and sides, California redwood top. My local dealer, Anacapa Ukulele, carries them, and this tenor had so much more presence and punch, even more than the Kanile'a premium and Koaloha on the wall next to it. It came stock with Worth Browns, but I may change those out in a while.

Since it didn't happen without pix, here they are:OV uke 1.jpgOV uke 2.jpg

If you'd like to see more, OVHU website is http://www.ojaivalleyhandmadeukuleles.com/. No formal affiliation with me.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the new uke day. Looks great. Sounds like you have a great wife.

About the uke: Very nice! I especially like the dots in place of a rosette. Give a unique look.

About the wife: Does she have a sister? :rolleyes:

Congrat and happy birthday....I guess you won twice...the uke and the wifey....Happy Strummings..

Congrats...great looking uke. K&K twinspot.....gonna enhance that sweet redwood sound.

Congrats! Any spouse who can choose -- and buy! -- a uke is good people.

Congratulation & Happy Birthday to you! Ukulele is a good loyalty best friend:D

Tele295, redwood and koa is a great combo. Congrats on the new uke, a wonderful spouse, and well wishes for your birthday!

I know this is an old thread, but I just saw and played one of these this weekend at U-Space, and it sounded great. You're right about the punch and presence. I loved the tone of this baby.

Are you still loving this uke?

Top Bottom