Mim just got us a LOAD of ukes!

Bob Bledsoe

Reaction score
I volunteer at a summer camp for kids with heart disease: http://www.campdelcorazon.org/

Last year I brought my uke and taught a couple very excited kids. We had two ukuleles and a bunch of kids who would have learned if we had more...

Well now we do thanks to Mim! She used her extra charity money you all donated to go towards helping us get a few more ukuleles. We had ordered some Ohanas already, which she sold to us at her cost and then she kicked in that extra donated money to get us a few more.

Needless to say, I'm totally psyched about teaching an actual class of ukulele students this year. Our classroom will be under the shade of a palm tree on Catalina Island - the best environment for learning ukulele.

Anyway, BIG thanks to Mim for making this happen for us!

I volunteer at a summer camp for kids with heart disease: http://www.campdelcorazon.org/

Last year I brought my uke and taught a couple very excited kids. We had two ukuleles and a bunch of kids who would have learned if we had more...

Well now we do thanks to Mim! She used her extra charity money you all donated to go towards helping us get a few more ukuleles. We had ordered some Ohanas already, which she sold to us at her cost and then she kicked in that extra donated money to get us a few more.

Needless to say, I'm totally psyched about teaching an actual class of ukulele students this year. Our classroom will be under the shade of a palm tree on Catalina Island - the best environment for learning ukulele.

Mim is awesome. That is why I give her my business and I send everyone I know her way!

That is wonderful news! Mim is a great person.
I went to Catalina Island Boys Camp (CIBC!) when I was a youngster, and I really enjoyed it, first time I shot a .22 rifle, first time I used a bow and arrow, first time I aquaplaned behind a boat, first time I ate abalone, lots of great memories. Our counselor would play guitar at night by the campfire. Learning ukulele would be a real treat at that age. Glad to hear that you are going to be teaching the kids, sounds like a great summer!

Bob-thank you for doing this very important work and to Mim, you are a gem in the uke community.

Kudos to you for doing it and to Mim for, well... for being Mim!

Oh! And: C, Am, F, G7 to you.

AND... wait yall... remember...

THANK YOURSELVES!!!

It was you guys who when I asked if anyone could help a classroom in need kept donating and said you all had faith in me to do the right thing with the extra money! You all were so generous I had to beg yall to stop!!! Haha!

So... I have been sitting on it, waiting for the "right thing". I knew it would feel right when I saw it! And I wanted it to hit me like a ton of bricks!

Then Bob posted on here about the camp for kids with heart disease and how much joy his 2 ukes brought to them last year and how he wished he had more. And I was like, "THIS is it! THIS is right!" (BAM! BRICKS!) So I contacted him and said I wanted to help with the funds YOU THE UU COMMUNITY DONATED! We finally got it all worked out and we talked about differant ukes and worked on getting the best bang for his buck!

AND...

THANKS TO OHANA!

They are throwing in the shipping for free! Louis and one of the nicest guys you will ever meet and Steph, his right-hand woman is awesome! I am so happy to not only be one of their dealers, but to consider them my friends!

So... I cant do things like this all the time... but every once in awhile something like this comes up and you just "know". Now... I may have a itty bitty bit left. I will look back and total it up. Then when bricks hit again maybe we can make some more magic happen!

THANKS YOU GUYS FOR TRUSTING ME WITH THIS!

AND THANKS BOB FOR ALL YOU DO FOR THESE KIDS AND FOR SHARING THE UKE LOVE WITH THEM!

Last edited:
Although I come from a far, and haven't buying from those great dealers. Still I want to say this is wonderful!
Please allow me send all my blessing to you wonderful people. May god be with you.

Thanks, it's me after three margaritas! :cool:

You bring that hat next time we play the top of a parking garage. I think it would kick our angsty fake "band" picture of us looking in different directions up a notch!

Yay Mim and yay Bob and yay Ohana Ukuleles! What an awesome team you all are!

See? This is the Aloha we talk about on UU!!!

Nice work!

Super cool. Love it when things like this come together. Kudos Bob, Mim, Ohana and the UU community.

Hopefully we'll get to see some pics of smiling kids playing ukes!

Aw, this has turned into a nice love thread!

And I forgot to say many thanks to Ohana as well!

Kudos to you for doing it and to Mim for, well... for being Mim!

Oh! And: C, Am, F, G7 to you.

Close ukemunga. I'm going with C, G, Am, F... Teaching "Superman" by Five For Fighting (our camp theme this year is superheros)... The kids will be psyched after they can do the chord progression and I tell them they're also playing "I'm Yours". ;-)

Super cool. Love it when things like this come together. Kudos Bob, Mim, Ohana and the UU community.

Hopefully we'll get to see some pics of smiling kids playing ukes!

You'll see pics of some sort but we have to get parents permission to post any of their kids on line, so the pics will actually not show their smiling faces. Maybe a shot from the back or something though...

Love hearing these stories of giving. It shows faith in humanity!
Those are some lucky kids! Hope they enjoy the ukes.

Bob, I think what you are doing at Camp del Corazon is awesome. I aleady knew Mim was wonderful, but she never ceases to amaze me with her generosity. I am very happy to hear she was able to help you and the kids you work with out like that.

BTW Bob, my daughter thinks it's pretty cool you and I are FB friends, because you have appeared on some of her favorite TV shows.

Top Bottom