New Mya Moe (1125)

pulelehua

Reaction score
I've avoided trying to get everyone to drool over my new ukulele, but when this was posted today, I thought, "This could change a few minds about rope binding." How it is just now, I think, looks really old school. I hope it holds this sort of vintage look when it's all done.

The rest is all wood. Ebony fretboard with no markers. Walnut and maple head to match the wood in the binding. I think it'll work.

And needless to say, Gordon, Char and Aaron are amazing. Genuinely amazing. In totally different ways, and at totally different stages of the process.

http://myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=1125

Aloha Pulelehua,
congrats on your new mya moe..it looks awesome...butterflies got so freedom in making the best choices... :)

That is going to be one spectacular little concert -- congrats!

If I may pry: why'd you opt for the ebony fretboard instead of the maple?

Whoo hoo! I know I'm gonna covet this one. I love maple and ebony combo.

That was a tough call. I'm just a high contrast kind of guy. Which isn't a great explanation, but it's all I've got. :) And I really don't like the maple bridge. Again, hard to explain other than a gut feeling.

That was a tough call. I'm just a high contrast kind of guy. Which isn't a great explanation, but it's all I've got. :) And I really don't like the maple bridge. Again, hard to explain other than a gut feeling.

That's the beauty of ordering a custom. The decision is yours and you get exactly what you want! I hope it sounds great as well!

That's the beauty of ordering a custom. The decision is yours and you get exactly what you want! I hope it sounds great as well!

Probably the most exciting thing for me is that I made my choices at first, purely from the standpoint of sound. Then tried to marry an aesthetic which works. The great thing, as many people know, about Mya-Moe, is their vast library of sound samples and videos. They've made some Maple/Cedar ukuleles which I think are amazing. Really clear and bright with a wonderful "woody" tone. So, excitement runs high! :)

John, it's really beautiful mate, very classy. If the sound is as good as the looks, you're in for a real treat.

Top Bottom