Storage?

prairieschooner

Reaction score
I am curious if there is a general "rule of thumb" for keeping my ukulele when not in use. When should one loosen the strings?
This is an older Favilla with a corduroy soft cover and a hard case.
Thanks in advance!

Yeah, loosen the strings and keep at a stable temperature (nothing extreme - don't store in an unheated garage in winter or in a non-climate controlled storage locker in hot summer) and humidity (40-50%).

I don't know about loosening the strings. When you want to play it the strings will start stretching again.

How long are u going to be away from ur uke? if its a week or so then probably a good idea to loosen the string a bit, but if its just for a day or so then just wipe it down with a soft cloth and call it good. And to help ya think about a proper storage spot, just think as the uke as a living fungus. It dosent like direct sunlight or drafts.

I just keep mine in the cases, stacked on a small set of utility shelves in my den. I don't loosen strings or anything else special. My CKC is in a wood hard case, the rest in the hard shell fabric covered Lanikai cases.

No need to post your question in separate forums so I deleted your thread in General Discussion . . .

If you need to store it for an extended period, I could find an empty stand here in my music room. I'd check it every day for you. :)

If you need to store it for an extended period, I could find an empty stand here in my music room. I'd check it every day for you. :)
Ha!

Thanks for the advice guys! I will be trying to learn on it everyday just wondering........

Top Bottom