Strange instrument help

Dertbiker2

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I was at a church garage sale the other day and I found this strange looking instrument. One of the workers said some guy brought it in saying it had been in his family for a very long time but nobody wanted it anymore. He said it was an electric ukulele but I'm not entirely convinced. No distinguishing marks of any kind or brands. To me it looks like someones homemade project. Frets are not raised and there are 27 of them. Anyone got any ideas? Paid $15 for it. Guitar is in the picture for scale.

photo (1).jpgphoto (2).jpgphoto.jpg

Yup thanks guys that's definitely it. I'm stil a little bit confused though I found this posting on eBay and it appears to be a 1958 harmony it looks exactly like the one pictured except for the knobs which he said have been replaced so I'm assuming mine are original. I didn't put close enough pictures but the pinstripes match exactly as does the output jack but the only difference I can see is that mine does not have branding on it like his does, any ideas why this could be? Also mine does not appear to be sunburst.

http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?itemId=360386080605

Last edited:
Why can't I find deals like that for 5 bucks? My Son's old girlfriend bound a 20's Martin o at a garage sale for 7 bucks. I met a guy that found a Martin tenor for $75

very nice deal... you're lucky there in USA with those garage sales.

Top Bottom