Got an Epiphone Les Paul?

Yup, I have one. It's my main gigging uke when I need to be plugged in. Strung with Worth browns, really good sound.

99 bucks, correct?
Do they need much "set up" besides strings?

I don't have one, but am interested. One guy I talked to who's a tech at a music store said to get an an acoustic with a pickup instead. I read some postes on here that said they had to replace the saddle. I'm not sure about the setup. I was jazzed up on getting an eleuke peanut until I started reading some posts about the quality and reliability going down. I have no personal knowledge about that though. I'm still trying to decide. The epiphone sure seems like a very reasonable price.

I don't have one, but am interested. One guy I talked to who's a tech at a music store said to get an an acoustic with a pickup instead. I read some postes on here that said they had to replace the saddle. I'm not sure about the setup. I was jazzed up on getting an eleuke peanut until I started reading some posts about the quality and reliability going down. I have no personal knowledge about that though. I'm still trying to decide. The epiphone sure seems like a very reasonable price.

Check out the thread re Eleuke vs Teton. Type Teton in UU search...

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...over-Eleuke-It-is-Teton-Time!&highlight=teton

I do love mine! It is a great ukulele for $99. I bought it as a lark, did not really expect too much, but it is built like a tank. The build quality is good, the finish looks great, I just put some better strings on it. Also, since it was inexpensive, I don't really worry about it too much. It is a great ukulele to take to parties or whatever. I would not gig with it though, I have other ukuleles that sound and play much better. I was however pleasantly surprised that I find myself playing it quite a bit, and it is often the one I grab if we are going someplace and I don't want to worry about my nicer ukuleles. If you have any desire at all to own one, just get it! I used a coupon during one of the many Guitar Center sales and bought it for $80 out the door.

I've got a little 15W Behringer acoustic amp and my Epi Les Paul sounds far better than 2 other acoustic/electric ukes I've plugged into it.

One had a MiSi in it and the other was a Lanikai with whatever they stick in them. Both had active pickups.

Love the Les Paul for plugging in.

Here's what I had to do to mine

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?83163-Epiphone-Les-Paul-I-love-it!

I joined the group. I am definitely a huge fan of the Les Paul. Is there anyway to attach a pre-amp or can you put a pre-amp in the line when you connect to the amp? The lack of a volume control is the only thing that Les Paul does not have that I wish it did.

I bought one from Amazon a while back, other than changing strings, it didn't need any setup work. Probably just luck of the draw.

Check out the thread re Eleuke vs Teton. Type Teton in UU search...

http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...over-Eleuke-It-is-Teton-Time!&highlight=teton

Thanks. I've been following that thread. It seems like they are just getting started and don't have any products to sell yet. In fact, they do not appear to have done much testing from what I read. It doesn't seem to me that, they know when they will have a solid body electric uke to sell. I was thinking of getting something now and the les paul epiphone sounds like a reasonable choice...except for the setup and modifications. I would be more interested if there's a supplier (store) who would get the uke prepared (for a price of course) before selling it. Too bad the manufacturer doesn't just raise the price to provide a usable product from day one.

Okay, I just ordered one from Amazon. I figure that I can't go too far wrong for $100 given that there are people willing to post that they like them. Read the customer reviews on Amazon. If it's a dud, I can sent it back. I also had to order a set of Aquilas and a cable. It comes with a gig bag. I concluded that even if I have to spend $50 to get it squared away, it's still a lot cheaper than what I would have to pay for most of the others that I've seen. Anyway, I'm just buying it to play with and don't plan on using it on gigs. I already have a Roland micro cube amp.

Update: Okay it came today. I'm impressed with the shipping from east coast to west coast in a day and a half with free shipping from Amazon. This is a really nice instrument. The bridge looks fine to me. I'm replacing the black strings with aquilas low g. I can't believe that Gibson can sell these so cheap. Off the amp, the resonance is a lot less than my Mainlands but I wasn't expecting any different. I was going to wait for a Teton which obviously will be a much better quality uke, but it will also cost a lot more than I really want to pay for an electric uke right now, too.

Last edited:
I absolutely LOVE mine - I posted a reply in the review thread about how well it has worked for me. They should have it strung with the Aquila Nylgut strings when you get it so you aren't disappointed when you play it out of the box though.

I absolutely LOVE mine - I posted a reply in the review thread about how well it has worked for me. They should have it strung with the Aquila Nylgut strings when you get it so you aren't disappointed when you play it out of the box though.

From what I understand, they do not come with nylon/nyglut strings. I decided to go with Low G and also ordered an Aquila pack for $8 with free shipping. The uke is on the FedX truck for delivery so I'll be getting it today. Not sure if a mic cable will work with it though and the guitar cable won't be here until next week.

I'm liking mine too.....even like the way it sounds unplugged (with martin m600's). Although its a little muted compared to a normal accoustic uke, its still a nice sound.

Last edited:
I've had mine for about a year now. No regrets. As others have mentioned, at $99 there was no way I could NOT buy one.

I was impressed with the quality of the sound when plugged in. It really holds up well. But if I'm playing unplugged, it stays in the gig bag. The nut on mine looked like it was cut using two rocks. In spite of this, it didn't play half bad right out of the box but I put a bone nut and saddle on it last winter. That really improved the tuning over the first five frets.

It's definitely found a permanent spot in my ukulele bag-o-tricks!

Thanks. I've been following that thread. It seems like they are just getting started and don't have any products to sell yet. In fact, they do not appear to have done much testing from what I read. It doesn't seem to me that, they know when they will have a solid body electric uke to sell...
When Mim started that thread, we had just received the first shipment of the Tetons. They are in stock and a bunch of them shipped out to our dealers within a day or two of that thread being posted. We're huge supporters of the local independent shops and sell through them, that's why there was a little delay that made it seem like there wasn't any product available.

When Mim started that thread, we had just received the first shipment of the Tetons. They are in stock and a bunch of them shipped out to our dealers within a day or two of that thread being posted. We're huge supporters of the local independent shops and sell through them, that's why there was a little delay that made it seem like there wasn't any product available.

Sorry about my confusion. We are all looking forward to see these new products.

Top Bottom