Koaloha Tenor Sceptre

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhenDogsSing

Reaction score
INSTRUMENT IS SOLD

PRICE REDUCED

I am selling my Koaloha Sceptre tenor to help defray other life's expenses that are non-ukulele related. This instrument is in excellent condition, plays effortlessly, and has tremendous projection and tone. It is a truly wonderful instrument that I would keep if I did not have other high end instruments that I play more often.

With full disclosure, this instrument has a slightly bellied top as do many of the Koaloha Sceptre tenors. I estimate the top to be bellied about 1/16" just in front of the bridge. It was in this exact same condition when I purchased it used here on the UU marketplace and it has not worsened any since I have owned it, about 2 years now. I tried to take a picture of the condition but the quality of the photo is not great.

Includes a nice hardshell case and home made humidifier as shown in the photos.

I am asking $800. for the instrument which includes shipping within the CONUS. If you are out of the CONUS, we can discuss shipping arrangements and cost.

I prefer and accept PayPal.

Thanks for looking...!!!

SCEPTRE.jpgSCEPTRE1.jpgSCEPTRE2.jpgSCEPTRE3.jpgSCEPTRE5.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, this is the perfect "Share-a-Uke". Especially three ukesters in the bay area...any takers? $300 each, 4 months per year.
$20 shipping, only once per year.

Hurry, this won't last.

Here is one more photo of the top condition. I laid a straight piece of metal across the top to show the slight bellying. My camera is not that great so again, the photo is not that good.

SCEPTRE4.jpg

I am the owner of a brand new 7 point Sceptre and what I find striking about them is that one knows they are all made by Pops, rather than an anonymous, yet very skilled, luthier in the KoAloha shop. Sound and playability are great and KoAloha signature, neck has a slittle thicker profile than a stock tenor and the level of detail and effort that goes into the body is amazing. To me, it is a custom instrument at a production bargain price.

Here is one more photo of the top condition. I laid a straight piece of metal across the top to show the slight bellying. My camera is not that great so again, the photo is not that good.

View attachment 56391

That's actually a great picture and a good idea, I should try that on some of my own instruments to gauge the level of bellying. GLWS! That's a bargain. Two years ago, that'd have flown off these boards.

View attachment 56391

this is a perfect example of how to sell a very good instrument in the correct way.... awesome!!!

PRICE REDUCED

With full disclosure, this instrument has a slightly bellied top as do many of the Koaloha Sceptre tenors. I estimate the top to be bellied about 1/16" just in front of the bridge. It was in this exact same condition when I purchased it used here on the UU marketplace and it has not worsened any since I have owned it, about 2 years now. I tried to take a picture of the condition but the quality of the photo is not great.

not only Koaloha Septre's, but many lightly built instruments. my vintage gibson bari had the same issue, it never got worde and did not effect the playability . this is a great deal on a very unusual "production" uke. there can't be too many around, as Pops himself makes them and sets them up. I predict he will stop these at some point [pun intended] and these will become collectable. mine is my favorite 'stage uke' as it has lots of projection and the looks get a lot of attention. If I didn't already have one I would jump on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom