bRiGht S0UNd.

Reaction score
WhEN i AM StRUMMiNG, MY UkE S0UNdS S0 bRiGht ANd i WANt it t0 S0UNd M0RE WARMER. i jUSt ChANGEd MY StRiNGS t0 d AddARi0S bECAUSE AlDRiNE SUGGEStEd d AddARI0 StRiNGS f0R WARMER S0UNd. i hAVE A tEN0R kAlA UkE ANd MY C0USiN hAS 0NE t00 bUt hiS UkE hAS A REAllY WARM S0UNd ANd hE hAS AQUilA StRiNGS WhiCh AldRiNE SAid thAt ARE M0RE bRiGht. i d0Nt GEt it. MY UkE ANd hiS UkE is AB0Ut idENtiCAl BUt MAdE 0f diffEREnt W00d(i thiNk bECAUSE itS A diffERENt C0l0R AS hiS ANd B0th 0f UKES ARE N0t PAiNtEd...thEY ARE jUSt ClEAR C0AtEd.) ANd REMEMBER, thEY ARE b0th tEN0RS. PlEASE hElP...... thANkS:bowdown:

Hi fAt bOi JaMMin!

If you want warm, I would try the Hilo Black strings, In my opinion they are the warmest of the strings.

Also your uke is probably made with at least a laminate top. From what I've heard, a laminate 'ukulele will tend to sound brighter and thinner than your run of the mill Kamaka. Mine did, and many others do, it's not a bad thing. But, try the Hilos. If they don't work, keep practicing until you can warrant a new uke. Don't worry about it too much, a Kala is a good uke - even if it sounds bright.

aNd YoU mIGhT WaNT tO sTOP tyPINg lIke tHis, It'S hARD TO ReAD aNd aT sOMe PoINt wiLL bE A PrOBleM fOR SoMEONe, mAYBe rEsULtiNg iN YOu gETTinG kIckED oFF ThE FoRUm. Just my two cents.

please write correctly, it is truely annoying and looks immature. i cant help you with your problem because i cant read it and im not going to strain my eyes to read it.

i would tell you to use the search function, but it might be case sensitive.

Using a lot of nail will result in a brighter sound, try using the flesh of the fingers to pick and strum if your not already.

hEy Fat bOi, do you have to do a funky dance on the shift key while typing to get that cool script! Seriously, it is a bit hard to read...

PS: The warm sound comes from your fingers and the amount of attack you use. If you are new to strumming the uke, just keep practicing. You will eventually be able to control the tone with only your fingers.....e.lo

Another thing to look at is where you're playing, hitting the strings nearer to the fretboard will give you a fuller, warmer sound than if you play close to the bridge
Keon, very true. A good contrast and example of this tone control is on Jake's "Gently Weeps" CD. Listen to "Wish On My Star" vs. the next track "Sakura". The first is very warm and soft and not bright at all. The second, Jake plays very hard and as close to the bridge as he can, yeilding a very sharp and bright stacato tone.

Same player, same ukulele, same fingers, same mic, totally different tone...e.lo...

Top Bottom