PDA

View Full Version : Season 76 , the Imaginary Season????

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 08:13 AM
anarchy rules . wait no more I can.

http://youtu.be/YMgshasWHd4

frisbee fred
07-28-2013, 08:38 AM
Strumsilly - your video is private at the moment.

frisbee fred
07-28-2013, 08:42 AM
Oh, imaginary, right.....got it.

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 09:00 AM
ok, made public, but I wrote and performed it between washing the car and boat, so keep expectations low.

TCK
07-28-2013, 09:10 AM
LIGHTER IN THE AIR! This is just awesome

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 09:23 AM
LIGHTER IN THE AIR! This is just awesome

I take no credit/blame for this, uke4ia's idea, blame him

ukuleledaveey
07-28-2013, 09:28 AM
So what is the criteria,theme, etc for this week, i am somewhat confused (it doesnt take much) :smileybounce:

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 09:32 AM
So what is the criteria,theme, etc for this week, i am somewhat confused (it doesnt take much) :smileybounce:

use your imagination, the theme and season are IMAGINARY. I started this just kidding , but I'll run with it if Pueo is just a figment..., otherwise he's free to start a REAL season.

ukuleledaveey
07-28-2013, 09:36 AM
use your imagination, the theme and season is IMAGINARY. I started this just kidding , but I'll run with it if Pueo is just a figment..., otherwise he's free to start a REAL season.

Thanks for that ;) time to get my grey matter into gear

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 09:47 AM
the prizes are even imaginary, haha

Freeda
07-28-2013, 09:48 AM
Damon's in Hawaii, so he may not even be up and around yet.

GinnyT11
07-28-2013, 10:04 AM
Pueo wrote me Friday that he was ready to launch and was excited about it.
Maybe Ralf, the Vounteer Coordinator, has some information.

uke4ia
07-28-2013, 10:05 AM
I'd suggested on the "anticipating the Seasons" thread that since Pueo hadn't announced it yet, maybe this was an imaginary season -- a ghost season. My personal fever dream is that it's a season for things that aren't there, for ghosts, for the invisible, for illusions, mirages, and hallucinations. Others can imagine it with their own imagination. And since I'm assuming Pueo will post his theme shortly, maybe this will give someone an idea for a future season.

Raygf
07-28-2013, 10:33 AM
I loved John's 53rd Season theme where you could revisit any previous season that you had not entered.

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 11:05 AM
Damon's in Hawaii, so he may not even be up and around yet.

he must be a late sleeper:shaka:

Tootler
07-28-2013, 11:09 AM
Here's my imaginary entry

:music:

strumsilly
07-28-2013, 11:43 AM

Seasonistas who cannot wait[ SAS] can post their imaginary videos here, and when the REAL season starts, we can migrate.

wow Tootler , you're 1st. loved it. surprised Pa hasn't posted about 10 already.

southside mike
07-28-2013, 11:47 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e0x4y3DDQYs&feature=c4-overview&list=UUtgeI7LSlrW2CwAt5cLMmfw
My imaginary entry to The Imaginary Season. As I was waiting and anticipating the next season I realized how caught up in the seasons I have became. I start looking early on Saturday for what is coming up next to possibly get started early doing whatever research that I might possibly have to do. I'm not sure why because I usually don't get around to posting until close to the end. But this week with an imaginary season I have an entry right away.
It's one that I wrote called The Imaginary Season.

pabrizzer
07-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Seasonistas who cannot wait[ SAS] can post their imaginary videos here, and when the REAL season starts, we can migrate.

wow Tootler , you're 1st. loved it. surprised Pa hasn't posted about 10 already.

Pa is shivering and shaking and showing severe withdrawal symptoms and has got to head off to work that way.:(:mad:

uke4ia
07-28-2013, 11:49 AM
Here's my imaginary entry

:music:

I imagine that you nailed that one! Way to go, Geoff!

pabrizzer
07-28-2013, 11:53 AM
My imaginary entry to The Imaginary Season. As I was waiting and anticipating the next season I realized how caught up in the seasons I have became. I start looking early on Saturday for what is coming up next to possibly get started early doing whatever research that I might possibly have to do. I'm not sure why because I usually don't get around to posting until close to the end. But this week with an imaginary season I have an entry right away.

This is wonderful Mike.
At least I can head off to work with a smile now.:)

Pueo
07-28-2013, 12:22 PM
Alright, alright!
I am in Hawaii, it is still Sunday morning!
Season 76 Announcement is underway!

TCK
07-28-2013, 12:35 PM
Was about to start playing every song I know about owls Pueo...Dodged that bullet! Good morning!

TCK
07-28-2013, 12:39 PM
It certainly counts for something- the greatest song I could ever imagine being written about season anticipation syndrome. It used to be Saturday-I would wake up, go see what the week was, and start playing until Melissa told me is was time to go do something else. Now it is Sunday, but the routine is exactly the same. I am glad I am not alone- great song Mike.

Pueo
07-28-2013, 12:48 PM
Was about to start playing every song I know about owls Pueo...Dodged that bullet! Good morning!
HAHAHHAA Why didn't I think of that?
Good morning. I have had my coffee and after I finish watching the Formula One race I will make my announcement video. The theme has been announced and the thread started.

redpaul1
07-28-2013, 12:49 PM
Alright, alright!
I am in Hawaii, it is still Sunday morning!
Season 76 Announcement is underway!

That's why you announce it Saturday night :-)

Pueo
07-28-2013, 01:54 PM
That's why you announce it Saturday night :-)
Fair enough! Sorry for all the anxiety folks!

southside mike
07-28-2013, 02:09 PM
Well I can say that I posted the first real entry in this short imaginary season. Imagine that!

TheOnlyUkeThatMatters
07-28-2013, 02:28 PM

I would never have imagined this would happen. Glad it did, though. Thanks, imaginistas, for a great morning. See y'all over at the 76th Season!

Tootler
07-28-2013, 02:49 PM
Well past midnight here now. The seasons have made me late for bed again. It's just not good enough.

pabrizzer
07-28-2013, 03:00 PM
Just my humble opinion.

Hosts theme is up to them but when the season starts and ends should not be played with.

Always been Hawaiian time.
Post the theme rules Saturday.
Videos able to be posted Sunday.

There has always been a day overlap at each end.

GinnyT11
07-28-2013, 03:57 PM
I beg your pardon, pabrizzer, but the history is that

Seasons start Saturday evenings, Central US time, with posting the rules. No videos posted until Sunday, US time.

Seasons end Sunday 11:59pm, Hawaii time.
(The disparity is a weirdness Seasons have had from the beginning.)

Pueo
07-28-2013, 09:58 PM
I beg your pardon, pabrizzer, but the history is that

Seasons start Saturday evenings, Central US time, with posting the rules. No videos posted until Sunday, US time.

Seasons end Sunday 11:59pm, Hawaii time.
(The disparity is a weirdness Seasons have had from the beginning.)
Gee I'm really sorry folks. I thought it would be OK to start Sunday morning Hawaii time. I was unexpectedly indisposed Saturday evening.
Season 76 thread is HERE (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?83824-76th-Season-of-the-Ukulele-Happy-Birthday-Jerry!). Feel free to use this thread for bonus entries!

redpaul1
07-28-2013, 11:33 PM
Gee I'm really sorry folks. I thought it would be OK to start Sunday morning Hawaii time. I was unexpectedly indisposed Saturday evening.
Season 76 thread is HERE (http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/showthread.php?83824-76th-Season-of-the-Ukulele-Happy-Birthday-Jerry!). Feel free to use this thread for bonus entries!

Apology & explanation accepted in this corner of the room - on with the motley!

pabrizzer
07-29-2013, 12:36 AM

No need for any apologies.
You have chosen a good theme with plenty of opportunities for everyone who wants to to find a song to post.

Experienced and more recent seasonistas have trouble with US central time, US time, Hawaii time and Saturday evening.

This thread is just what 'we' do when those addicted to the seasons start to fret. (Like me).

This will settle down now that your season has begun and all the postings for your season will be done on your official thread.