Tropical Storm Flossie

Spud1$

Reaction score
Thinking good thoughts for all of Hawaii. Here's hoping that she doesn't turn into a hurricane. I know this has nothing to do with Ukeing but it sure looks like there are a lot of Ukers in Hawaii, so be safe!

Gonna hit the Big Island first the Hilo side gonna take the brunt of it....lots of rain I hear and probally flooding...wish them the best too there

Thanks for the well wishes. Hoping it fizzles out before it gets too strong. It is still a Tropical Storm Watch as of tonight.

Rainbow.jpg

I hope everyone stays safe. One good thing to come from the rain today was a rainbow right over Waikiki beach!

There was a perfect rainbow by Kapiolani Park yesterday around 9 AM - actually, it was a double for a bit. Stay safe, everyone.

We're just getting the first bands of rain now on the east side of the Big Island. This BTW after the most gorgeous weekend I can remember in years. We're getting wet for sure but Flossie ain't the gal she used to be. Here's the word as of 11:00 am Hawaii time:

Current intensity estimates indicate that Flossie is a minimal tropical
storm at this time. Continued weakening is expected as shear and
interaction with mountainous terrain on Maui and The Big Island
impact the system. Flossie is forecast to weaken to a depression
within the next 12 hours and become a remnant low within 48 hours.
The track guidance is tightly clustered with most models indicating
a west to west northwest track over the next several days. The
current forecast track has changed little from the previous
forecast and follows along with most guidance. This would bring the
system over Maui County later today or early tonight and pass by
just south of Oahu and Kauai County later tonight and Tuesday

Aloha Bruddah Chuckie,
Good afternoon....this morning about 5 am it started to lightly sprinkle on and off until now...it is an overcast day here but still beautiful.....on the hot side too
I know you will be hit there first and probally take the brunt of the storm, thank you :)....it's the first tropical storm to hit the big island.....hope you got all your power working too
Take Care and many blessings.... I don't think it will be bad on this island though...and you're right we had perfect postcard weather yesterday and before...malama pono :)

I am shua your tree house is not going to flood man.... wow you have the real open air living in the sticks...das da way to live the nature and ritzy style.... :)
Chuck's place is amazing. I hope to pay him another visit someday when I collect my MB!

Yes it's not a big storm and no heavy winds lighting or thunder...just the constant rain not even bad too on
this Island...I am sure chuckie is more worse than I and maybe some flooding.... did I say it was hot and humid tonight....

It has been downgraded to a tropical depression and this morning is quiet with no storm or rain.....not sure if it passed or we are in the eye...just like yesterday morning hot and humid though

Top Bottom