PDA

View Full Version : Everybody Knows (L Cohen)

Ken Middleton
01-07-2009, 06:41 AM
Yes, yet another Leonard Cohen song. This one's from the wonderful 1988 "I'm Your Man" album.

You will find it here. (http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=JtiBL6RQMhg)

It is my 31st Cohen video.

Please leave comments.

Thanks

KEN

russ_buss
01-07-2009, 07:10 AM
31 already? great job Ken! i like the sound of slightly unrehearsed as well. goes along with your whole "one take" ideology.

HoldinCoffee
01-07-2009, 11:54 AM
Have I mentioned what an inspiration you are? If not, let me just say that your playing is simply magical. Its like hearing an angel play a teeny-tiny harp!

Ken Middleton
01-07-2009, 08:54 PM
31 already? great job Ken! i like the sound of slightly unrehearsed as well. goes along with your whole "one take" ideology.

Thanks Russ. Yes, I love that "live" feel that you find with many ukulele vids. I know you do too.

I try not to rehearse songs because I definitely feel that you lose something with every take. If I wanted to get it "perfect", I would record the uke and the voice separately and, if I had to do that with every song, it would be a real pain. And who would it impress? I think most people like to see and hear the ukulele played live. Who cares about a few mistakes.

deach
01-08-2009, 01:05 AM

I try not to rehearse songs because I definitely feel that you lose something with every take. If I wanted to get it "perfect", I would record the uke and the voice separately and, if I had to do that with every song, it would be a real pain. And who would it impress? I think most people like to see and hear the ukulele played live. Who cares about a few mistakes.

That's my excuse, um philosophy too. If I tried to record until it was mistake-free, I'd never get a video out.