Desperate for parade floats

vanflynn

-----
UU VIP
Reaction score
In rural America they will let just about anyone in the local town celebration parade - construction trucks, farm implements, whatever, so when there is a band of any shape or form – you’re in.

Paddlefish float.jpg

After one hour of practice together we played “Twist and Shout”, “Tush” and “Freddie the Freeloader” over and over and over. Luckily we were moving so no one noticed our lack of repertoire. Had fun anyway.

Last edited:
That's awesome!

After one hour of practice together we played “Twist and Shout”, “Tush” and “Freddie the Freeloader” over and over and over.

If you're going to play a short set over and over and over again, it needs to be "Rawhide" and "Stand by your man." ;)

Hope you had fun--looks like it!

I always like it when there are bands playing in the parade. And you got to sit next to a giant Pig's butt.

Very nice. Glad to hear you a good time.

I always like it when there are bands playing in the parade. And you got to sit next to a giant Pig's butt.

A giant pig wearing a "grass" skirt. Excellent!

Looks like a lot of fun. :)

That must have been lots of fun! "Twist And Shout" is a MUST-PLAY in a parade, if only to capture that famous Ferris Bueller parade scene. Maybe, if you get to do this again, you could add "Danke Schoen" to your repertoire.

Awesome! Looks very fun.

it's funny how the background in your picture looks almost identical to any picture taken in my small town north of Memphis.

What a hoot! Looks like great fun. "Memory Manor", indeed.

Top Bottom