Risa Les Paul Soprano - Who Knew

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Wow! 4 pickups and steel strings. That thing is going to rock. It has all the features. I just can't bring myself to go totally electric though.

Is it a really an official Gibson Les Paul sanctioned uke? Don't see that on the headstock. Just curious.

Petey

Last edited:
double humbuckers...wow thank you Phil....
NOT surprised Sam Had one..he get all the good electrics... :)

I have current custody of Sam's tenor Risa LP "Marisa", she is a honey, and they are beautifully built.

Is it a really an official Gibson Les Paul sanctioned uke? Don't see that on the headstock. Just curious.

Petey

I think it's an electric uke in the style of the Gibson Les Paul. I can't imagine that Risa asked Gibson. Maybe that's why they only call it LP.
I'm quite satisfied with my tenor Mahagony.

I would love to have one of these in a tenor. If someone gave it to me. Like for my birthday (hint, hint).

I just can't seem to convince myself they are worth what they sell for. For a few hundred more, you can have a sho' 'nuff Gibson! Granted, it wouldn't have the same "cute factor".

Maybe one day I will run across a used one at a reasonable price?

Last edited:
Resurrecting an ancient thread:

I recently got a Risa Soprano LP, and I like it, although you do lose the dual tone and dual volume knobs and just get one tone and one volume that covers both pickups, I am guessing due to size. It is a lot less heavy however. The pickups are very nice, and very adjustable.

Top Bottom