String trade: Aquila Red series concert for ... whatcha got?

pootsie

Reaction score
Hey UU.

What I have:
A 10-pack Aquila Red Series concert-scale re-entrant strings.
(With 7 sets left in it.)
REDS-FOR-TRADE-1.jpg

What you have:
How the heck should I know?
:confused::confused:
Got some low-g sets? Some Worths or Southcoast or something I haven't tried? Spare Living Waters or maybe some Nylguts?

My concert set for yours!

I am willing to trade up to four sets depending on what concert-scale sets I get in return.
They don't all have to be with the same person. And they don't all need to be the same type. International shipping is extra-cool.:cool:

LET'S TRADE!

oh I always wanted to try the red series string set concert.

I have regular Aquila white nyglut strings in soprano, concert and tenor sizes
and hilo strings in all sizes as well, all brand new in package

interested trade for two sets of your red series

Reds

Worth Brown Fat boys low G new
Worth brown Fat boys low G used with extra low G aquil Red
Worth Brown tenors

PM please UkeOG

Thanks, Consitter, but it seems I lose my marbles so often, I should not even get more.

Any other takers? Just hoping to see what's out there, although the (serious) responses so far are encouraging.

Can someone give me some input on what the Worth "fatboys" and the Hilo strings might be like? I tried some DA'Addario J-92 and did not lie the stiff feel or sound. Thanks!

Last edited:
Thanks, Consitter, but it seems I lose my marbles so often, I should not even get more.

Any other takers? Just hoping to see what's out there, although the (serious) responses so far are encouraging.
Does that mean you'll take the frog?

tangimango:

I'll PM you shortly. I wanted to see if there were other options before I decided, but I can let go of a couple now. thanks! :rock:

Hey Pootsie,

I've got 1/2 of a set of Worth CM Low Gs. I used the other half on an OS-OU2. If you want to PM me your address I'll drop them in an envelope and send them off to you today. No trade necessary.

Fred

Hey Pootsie,

I've got 1/2 of a set of Worth CM Low Gs. I used the other half on an OS-OU2. If you want to PM me your address I'll drop them in an envelope and send them off to you today. No trade necessary.

Fred

Absolutely not! I'm trading here and if you send me something it will have to have a return address and then you can't stop me from sending you something in trade!

Reds Vs. Browns

Deal, will send Worth Brown Fat Boys low D for Reds.

Last edited:
Reds Vs. Browns

I have tried the Aquila Reds and they're very nice! Bright, loud and pretty. Caution, they are very dense. The second time I used a set, to string a soprano uke, I broke 2 strings. I have been in the habit of pre-stretching the strings as I am stringing and tuning the uke for the first time.

The first string (#4 High g) broke at the saddle and I was able to reknot and and reuse the string. The second string that broke was the A (#1) string. It broke at the nut, wasted. Boo. I ended up putting the Aquila Nugut "A" string back on the uke. It made for an interesting combination. The Reds are very bright and the nugut "A" string at the bottom of the strum is very mellow.

Last edited:
Hey Pootsie... one of your uke hangers in action. This is on a floor lamp to the right of my desk chair.

UkeHanger.jpg

Thanks! And whoops! Don't know how that ended up horizontal.

Wow! They alter gravity! If I can harness that, I'll be rich!

Glad u like!

Top Bottom