response time from HMS?

kleblanc

Reaction score
Anyone know how long it takes to get a response in general from them? I ordered a new uke, which I am anxious for of course, but it stills says processing and I have not got a response to how long it might take. I was just curious what everyone's experience is. I know they are a great store and supply a great product. Just over anxious for my new Kala KA-TG.

My initial order was dealt with promptly. It was only a request for warranty work that was like pulling teeth. I eventually just had the repair done locally.

I've always experienced excellent service from HMS when buying an instrument. It takes them a day or so to set up the instrument and get it packed. You didn't indicate when you placed your order but it's my guess you'll be hearing something from them real soon regarding shipping information.

Last I knew, they were running about a week or so to fill orders, but that was a little while ago. Don't know where they are at now.

I do know that Andrew is on a much deserved vacation this week, however.

If email isn't doing the job, you might want to consider calling them, just to set your mind at ease.

I think I waited about a week before I got notice of shipping. Remember, they do a setup on every uke that goes out.

And I bet they ship a ton of ukes.

I ordered a Kiwaya from HMS on the 24th and it shipped on the 29th.

They typically are good about getting back to you. You might want to try Andrew or Zach directly:

andrew(at)theukulelesite.com
or
Zach(at)theukulelesite.com

We'll need pics once it arrives!

Thanks guys. Good to know that it is not unusual so I will try to be patient waiting for my new instrument. Its not as if I don't have others to play. LOL

Aloha Kerry,
It is much faster if you call mike or andrew....You mean the Ukulele site and Andrew's store?? he is on vacation in Oregan for 9 days if so...

Andrew and his guys have really got it together with their order processing lately. I've ordered a couple of ukes from them recently, and each time it was almost a week before my order shipped, but then each one was shipped FedEx 2-day, which was really cool.

It was awesome to get the tracking number and see that my uke was picked up in Honolulu, then arrived in Memphis the very next day, and then showed up at my door the day after that! (Guess I'm easily excited.)

Each uke was also perfectly set up, with everything I requested in my order (string change, pickup install, etc.) I noticed HMS even installed gold strap buttons on another member's new Pono Tenor.

I gotta send a big Thanks to everyone at HMS for their outstanding service! :shaka:

Informative thread. I ordered a Pono Acacia Baritone from HMS on 7/28 (Sunday). So, I was wondering the same thing as the OP. I will be patient. At least I know I won't have to wait for a custom order like I just did for a Taylor guitar and a dulcimer before that. This is just a matter of getting it set-up, boxed-up, and sent out. We all know how difficult it is to patiently wait for a new instrument. I guess it's like Christmas for us older folks.

Patience is not an option when waiting for a new ukulele.
I've purchased two ukes from HMS and their customer service and attention to quality set ups is beyond outstanding.
Everyone in the organization busts their butts to make it happen.
It WILL be worth the wait.

a related story: i went to guitar center and wanted to order a Kala uke. the salesman made a call and said it should be there in about three or four days. a week later i called to see if it had arrived, the manager said there was a little problem and it would be soon. a few days later they fessed up and admitted there was no agreement between Kala and guitar center for the sale of ukes, U-Bass, OK ukes, no. Kala stated they were afraid if they had an agreement with guitar center they could not meet the demands of such a large company and they did not want to suffer a quality decrease to meet a quantity increase. an agreement was reached and my uke was sent. the agreement is not known to me but i see guitar center still does not show any available ukes for sale in their catalog (on line). i think the deal is, if you ask for a Kala they will order it but they are not advertising it. in all, i waited a month and a half. i must say that the people at guitar center were at all times nice, friendly and seemed to be honestly working to get my uke under adverse conditions. in the end i'm very happy i got the Kala and i still think guitar center is a valuable resource. the only mom and pop store that sells Kala is about 50 miles from me and if i knew what was going to happen i would have made the drive. the salesman at GC really made an honest mistake since Kala U-Bass is sold there and it would seem ukes would also be sold. anyway, i have the first Kala uke sold by GC.:rolleyes:

I ordered from them last Wednesday and it shipped yesterday so that's about 4-5 days of processing depending on if they work weekends. Their web site says they are running a few days behind. I had the same reaction to the 'Processing' status but then I checked their Shipping Questions page and it says they are behind. It will be shipped have no fear.

Kurt

I've ordered three ukes now from them, (the latest just a couple weeks ago) and it's always been about a week in processing before shipping. Not to mention that 2-day shipping after a week of processing and finally getting sent out on a Friday meant an even longer wait time. UAS and patience don't mix. ;)

On the KoAloha I ordered back in March I sent multiple emails before and after the order, and never got any responses.

That said, I love the quality, prices, and set-up from HMS, and I buy everything I can through them. I just don't expect quick shipping or any online replies.

They have alot of orders and they give each uke that goes out a set up....which can take an easy 30 minuetes each ......it not like he justs puts it in the box and sends it to you.
believe me the wait is well worth it......I know you are excited, and you should be.....but better things come unrushed, let them do the best possible job they can....

Aloha Guys! Right now it's a few days for the set up time and then 2 day air out to you. If anyone has any questions regarding orders you can either email Andrew, Zach, Mike, or myself... Or you can call (808)622-8000 and one of us will try to help. Aloha- Aaron(theukulelesite.com)

I ordered my Kanilea from them and they were super fast turnaround and did a great job on it. As for email replies, I'm still waiting on replies from an email I sent about a KoAloha a few months ago and an email I sent about a uke strap about a year ago. I'm guessing that those replies are never coming.

They have fantastic prices, an amazing inventory and great setup work so I highly recommend them - but don't hold your breath as far as email response time. I wouldn't bother sending them any emails again, I'll just call if I need/want something.

Top Bottom