PDA

View Full Version : response time from HMS?

kleblanc
07-30-2013, 04:53 AM
Anyone know how long it takes to get a response in general from them? I ordered a new uke, which I am anxious for of course, but it stills says processing and I have not got a response to how long it might take. I was just curious what everyone's experience is. I know they are a great store and supply a great product. Just over anxious for my new Kala KA-TG.

Freeda
07-30-2013, 04:59 AM
My initial order was dealt with promptly. It was only a request for warranty work that was like pulling teeth. I eventually just had the repair done locally.

WhenDogsSing
07-30-2013, 05:04 AM
I've always experienced excellent service from HMS when buying an instrument. It takes them a day or so to set up the instrument and get it packed. You didn't indicate when you placed your order but it's my guess you'll be hearing something from them real soon regarding shipping information.

dkcrown
07-30-2013, 05:06 AM
Last I knew, they were running about a week or so to fill orders, but that was a little while ago. Don't know where they are at now.

I do know that Andrew is on a much deserved vacation this week, however.

cantsing
07-30-2013, 05:18 AM
If email isn't doing the job, you might want to consider calling them, just to set your mind at ease.

ukemunga
07-30-2013, 05:22 AM
I think I waited about a week before I got notice of shipping. Remember, they do a setup on every uke that goes out.

And I bet they ship a ton of ukes.

oahugrl
07-30-2013, 05:55 AM
I ordered a Kiwaya from HMS on the 24th and it shipped on the 29th.

vanflynn
07-30-2013, 05:58 AM
They typically are good about getting back to you. You might want to try Andrew or Zach directly:

andrew(at)theukulelesite.com
or
Zach(at)theukulelesite.com

We'll need pics once it arrives!

kleblanc
07-30-2013, 06:03 AM
Thanks guys. Good to know that it is not unusual so I will try to be patient waiting for my new instrument. Its not as if I don't have others to play. LOL

mm stan
07-30-2013, 06:05 AM
Aloha Kerry,
It is much faster if you call mike or andrew....You mean the Ukulele site and Andrew's store?? he is on vacation in Oregan for 9 days if so...

Steedy
07-30-2013, 07:24 AM
Andrew and his guys have really got it together with their order processing lately. I've ordered a couple of ukes from them recently, and each time it was almost a week before my order shipped, but then each one was shipped FedEx 2-day, which was really cool.

It was awesome to get the tracking number and see that my uke was picked up in Honolulu, then arrived in Memphis the very next day, and then showed up at my door the day after that! (Guess I'm easily excited.)

Each uke was also perfectly set up, with everything I requested in my order (string change, pickup install, etc.) I noticed HMS even installed gold strap buttons on another member's new Pono Tenor.

I gotta send a big Thanks to everyone at HMS for their outstanding service! :shaka:

frets alot
07-30-2013, 07:29 AM
Informative thread. I ordered a Pono Acacia Baritone from HMS on 7/28 (Sunday). So, I was wondering the same thing as the OP. I will be patient. At least I know I won't have to wait for a custom order like I just did for a Taylor guitar and a dulcimer before that. This is just a matter of getting it set-up, boxed-up, and sent out. We all know how difficult it is to patiently wait for a new instrument. I guess it's like Christmas for us older folks.

Shazzbot
07-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Patience is not an option when waiting for a new ukulele.
I've purchased two ukes from HMS and their customer service and attention to quality set ups is beyond outstanding.
Everyone in the organization busts their butts to make it happen.
It WILL be worth the wait.

Radio Flyer
07-30-2013, 08:39 AM
a related story: i went to guitar center and wanted to order a Kala uke. the salesman made a call and said it should be there in about three or four days. a week later i called to see if it had arrived, the manager said there was a little problem and it would be soon. a few days later they fessed up and admitted there was no agreement between Kala and guitar center for the sale of ukes, U-Bass, OK ukes, no. Kala stated they were afraid if they had an agreement with guitar center they could not meet the demands of such a large company and they did not want to suffer a quality decrease to meet a quantity increase. an agreement was reached and my uke was sent. the agreement is not known to me but i see guitar center still does not show any available ukes for sale in their catalog (on line). i think the deal is, if you ask for a Kala they will order it but they are not advertising it. in all, i waited a month and a half. i must say that the people at guitar center were at all times nice, friendly and seemed to be honestly working to get my uke under adverse conditions. in the end i'm very happy i got the Kala and i still think guitar center is a valuable resource. the only mom and pop store that sells Kala is about 50 miles from me and if i knew what was going to happen i would have made the drive. the salesman at GC really made an honest mistake since Kala U-Bass is sold there and it would seem ukes would also be sold. anyway, i have the first Kala uke sold by GC.:rolleyes:

kdmccullum
07-30-2013, 09:02 AM
I ordered from them last Wednesday and it shipped yesterday so that's about 4-5 days of processing depending on if they work weekends. Their web site says they are running a few days behind. I had the same reaction to the 'Processing' status but then I checked their Shipping Questions page and it says they are behind. It will be shipped have no fear.

Kurt

JonThysell
07-30-2013, 10:16 AM
I've ordered three ukes now from them, (the latest just a couple weeks ago) and it's always been about a week in processing before shipping. Not to mention that 2-day shipping after a week of processing and finally getting sent out on a Friday meant an even longer wait time. UAS and patience don't mix. ;)

On the KoAloha I ordered back in March I sent multiple emails before and after the order, and never got any responses.

That said, I love the quality, prices, and set-up from HMS, and I buy everything I can through them. I just don't expect quick shipping or any online replies.

mm stan
07-30-2013, 10:41 AM
They have alot of orders and they give each uke that goes out a set up....which can take an easy 30 minuetes each ......it not like he justs puts it in the box and sends it to you.
believe me the wait is well worth it......I know you are excited, and you should be.....but better things come unrushed, let them do the best possible job they can....

AaronC@HMS
07-30-2013, 11:14 AM
Aloha Guys! Right now it's a few days for the set up time and then 2 day air out to you. If anyone has any questions regarding orders you can either email Andrew, Zach, Mike, or myself... Or you can call (808)622-8000 and one of us will try to help. Aloha- Aaron(theukulelesite.com)

frets alot
07-30-2013, 11:15 AM
Thanks Aaron!

wickedwahine11
07-30-2013, 11:21 AM
I ordered my Kanilea from them and they were super fast turnaround and did a great job on it. As for email replies, I'm still waiting on replies from an email I sent about a KoAloha a few months ago and an email I sent about a uke strap about a year ago. I'm guessing that those replies are never coming.

They have fantastic prices, an amazing inventory and great setup work so I highly recommend them - but don't hold your breath as far as email response time. I wouldn't bother sending them any emails again, I'll just call if I need/want something.

hawaii 50
07-30-2013, 11:46 AM
I ordered my Kanilea from them and they were super fast turnaround and did a great job on it. As for email replies, I'm still waiting on replies from an email I sent about a KoAloha a few months ago and an email I sent about a uke strap about a year ago. I'm guessing that those replies are never coming.

They have fantastic prices, an amazing inventory and great setup work so I highly recommend them - but don't hold your breath as far as email response time. I wouldn't bother sending them any emails again, I'll just call if I need/want something.

Hi Staci

yes if you have a quick question just call the store..best way...I was there Sunday and they have all kinds of uke straps...
they have the Special Edition KoAloha there...Maple back and sides with a Cedar top...

and I saw pictures of the Koa KoAloha tenor with a side sound port(Red Label?) on MGM's facebook page...

I know if you call you should have no problems...

frets alot
07-30-2013, 12:30 PM
I got lucky then. I emailed a question and got two responses in a couple days from two dfferent people. The two responses were consistent too. So, I was happy with their responses time on questions.

Prius23
07-30-2013, 08:50 PM
K, I, too, got a great response from HMS last week. I even ended up switching ukes and then found out that they did not have a black strap buttons for my Kamaka. But, they got it for me in less than two days??? and I just picked my uke up yesterday. Andrew is wonderful to work with and I am sure your order is on its way. Also, Joel was great and letting me know each step of the way the status of the strap button and the pick up installation. His set up was spot on. I had koolau strings installed and wow....

Steedy
08-21-2013, 02:55 PM
The folks at Hawaii Music Supply (http://www.theukulelesite.com/) have outdone themselves once again. I ordered a uke from their web site on August 16. The item shipped on August 19, and arrived at my house on August 21. Remarkable job guys!

It was warm and humid outside when the uke arrived, so I let it acclimate inside for a loooong 24 hours before opening. Here's a picture of the new arrival chill-axing with some good reading material:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/slawson3/001_zps19e5606f.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/slawson3/media/001_zps19e5606f.jpg.html)

:cool:

coolcow
08-21-2013, 03:11 PM
On the KoAloha I ordered back in March I sent multiple emails before and after the order, and never got any responses.

I ordered a red label KoAloha from HMS awhile ago, I love their service and set up. After I received the uke, i've sent multiple emails asking some details of the uke like what's the material that's used for the fretboard markers and there's a small ding on the turner.....but I never got any responses....

Sunshine Ukulele
08-21-2013, 05:05 PM
I ordered a red label KoAloha from HMS awhile ago, I love their service and set up. After I received the uke, i've sent multiple emails asking some details of the uke like what's the material that's used for the fretboard markers and there's a small ding on the turner.....but I never got any responses....

Andrew is super busy and he will miss the email sometimes. :)

Maybe you can send email to KoAloha directly for the material issue. Or you can also check the HMS site. The additional information will show the detail of materials.

e.g.
http://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-red-label-one-of-a-kind-custom-tenor.html
http://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-red-label-custom-tenor-864.html
http://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-red-label-custom-tenor.html
http://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-red-label-custom-tenor-cedar-maple.html
http://www.theukulelesite.com/koaloha-custom-neck-thru-solid-body-tenor-electric.html

coolcow
08-21-2013, 08:43 PM
I'm just saying it's hard to get a online response from HMS, and of coz I did check the additional information, it didn't have the info that I want.
but you are right I should've emailed KoAloha instead.:o

Sunshine Ukulele
08-21-2013, 11:22 PM
Seems you got a special red label. :P

btw, it's truth that it's hard to get a response from HMS sometimes. :(

AndrewKuker
08-22-2013, 02:23 AM
Jenny, I show 2 email inquiries from you of which I responded to one and the other was asking for a "series no of it because the label didn't show. And I'd like to know what material is the fret board markers made of." I show it as being forwarded to Mike because I wasn't sure of the markers. I didn't get an answer and failed to follow up. I could have at least let you know that KoAloha simply doesn't label things or number them. I apologize.
To all, I promise to improve in this area. I will implement one of the softwares I've been looking at that assign each email and be much more thorough and organized.
I do care, like with you Harry, I didn't respond today but I talked with Joel making sure he put in your 5.0 and that you were getting the red fiberglass case etc. And btw, I try to stop by here at least once a day. So PM me anytime. I'm likely to respond.
I am just now finishing a new site that consumed me a bit too much for the last week or two. I apologize for any unanswered email recently but I'll keep trying to cover them and help as best possible. Thanks for any and all the support.

oahugrl
08-22-2013, 06:35 AM
Jenny, I show 2 email inquiries from you of which I responded to one and the other was asking for a "series no of it because the label didn't show. And I'd like to know what material is the fret board markers made of." I show it as being forwarded to Mike because I wasn't sure of the markers. I didn't get an answer and failed to follow up. I could have at least let you know that KoAloha simply doesn't label things or number them. I apologize.
To all, I promise to improve in this area. I will implement one of the softwares I've been looking at that assign each email and be much more thorough and organized.
I do care, like with you Harry, I didn't respond today but I talked with Joel making sure he put in your 5.0 and that you were getting the red fiberglass case etc. And btw, I try to stop by here at least once a day. So PM me anytime. I'm likely to respond.
I am just now finishing a new site that consumed me a bit too much for the last week or two. I apologize for any unanswered email recently but I'll keep trying to cover them and help as best possible. Thanks for any and all the support.
Hey you do what you can when you can.

Radio Flyer
08-22-2013, 07:13 AM
i want a box like steedys.

Steedy
08-22-2013, 02:12 PM
i want a box like steedys.

I'm done with the box if you still want it:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b362/slawson3/103_zps39e3e3c6.jpg (http://s23.photobucket.com/user/slawson3/media/103_zps39e3e3c6.jpg.html)

:cool:

Sunshine Ukulele
08-22-2013, 04:07 PM

No worries, Andrew. Understand that you are busy recently. Take your time. :)

MGM
08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
No worries, Andrew. Understand that you are busy recently. Take your time. :)
Koalohas fret markers are now Mango Wood in concert and soprano

Sunshine Ukulele
08-25-2013, 04:00 PM
Koalohas fret markers are now Mango Wood in concert and soprano

Mike, It's Jenny's question :P