Big Railroad Blues

pabrizzer

Reaction score
Big Railroad Blues credited to Noah Lewis.
Must have been written a while ago because I saw a really old recording on YT.
Bit raggity because I try and stick to my one take policy.

Last edited:
This is as good as it gets! I may have to move down to Oz....so many great players/singers!

paul

Written by Noah Lewis who was a member of Cannon's Jug Stompers. There appear to be no recorded covers of the song prior to the release of the Grateful Dead version in 1971. The Dead, who first performed the song in 1966, presumably based their version of the song on the Cannon's Jug Stompers recording or on versions by contemporary groups who performed but did not record the song. Big Railroad Blues was a regular in Grateful Dead set lists from the end of 1970 through to 1973 and again through the first half of the 1980's. It was performed only rarely in other years.
http://www.deaddisc.com/songs/Big_Railroad_Blues.htm

Either that is the biggest ukulele I have ever seen or you are a very small man. What is that ukulele?

Written by Noah Lewis who was a member of Cannon's Jug Stompers. There appear to be no recorded covers of the song prior to the release of the Grateful Dead version in 1971. The Dead, who first performed the song in 1966, presumably based their version of the song on the Cannon's Jug Stompers recording or on versions by contemporary groups who performed but did not record the song. Big Railroad Blues was a regular in Grateful Dead set lists from the end of 1970 through to 1973 and again through the first half of the 1980's. It was performed only rarely in other years.
http://www.deaddisc.com/songs/Big_Railroad_Blues.htm

Either that is the biggest ukulele I have ever seen or you are a very small man. What is that ukulele?

Just a regular baritone ukulele.

Post it to the train thread if you would Pa- I have this need to keep that bit going. Great shot at this one for sure mate!

Great playing/singing on the baritone!

Can you do the train kept a rollin' next? It would sound very nice on that baritone of yours!

Petey

Top Bottom