Aileen SG style electric ukulele

Shastastan

Reaction score
Not familiar with the brand but it doesn't look very impressive. The seller looks like one of those folks who imports palette loads of cheap crap (mostly electronics) from Asia that other retailers have been unable to sell. Most of it isn't worth opening the box. I suspect this uke is the same - and I can pretty much guarantee the seller isn't setting it up to be playable...

John

Oh, I totally agree with that, John. It's the old adage...."If it looks too good to be true........" I'm a trumpet player and I've seen trumpets for $39.95 on ebay with designer colors! You can't get a decent student trumpet for less than around $1200. Ya gets what ya pays for.

If it's the people I'm thinking of, I've seen them at NAMM and know the one guy. They are not recommended, an Asian outfit that sells stuff from a variety of other small and maybe desperate factories. They don't actually make anything or even know a lot about what they sell, they will take orders on whatever and then go find the cheapest factory that tells them they can make it for you. Not a good formula. But on that particular instrument it might be worth a try if it's affordable for you, but don't go by the brand name it doesn't mean a lot.

It looks like a hell of a lot of fun for 90 bucks.

If you are looking for something fun and funky and not very expensive, this would probably fit the bill perfectly.

Probably not a good idea to buy this uke as your number one gigging outfit though!

Yeah, that thing probably "works", but I imagine the intonation and set up are sub-par, to put it nicely. Seen them at NAMM and definately passed through quickly after checking out some products, never to return......

Don't get me wrong, its could be a fun little novelty uke, and surely could be played, but I wouldn't expect a "sweet score" or hidden gem.

From my experience with various inexpensive electric ukes, I would say that the electronics would be garbage.
I'm quite positive that there will be pickup balance issues, with some strings sounding riduclously loud and others being barely audible.

So for $90? What a waste of money in my opinion.
Pay a little more for something that will actually work and not cause frustration.

I have one. Works pretty well, but the A string doesn't pick up as loudly as the others.

For a few bucks more, I can get a les paul epiphone. It probably has some problems also, but at least it has a following and some positive comments.

Top Bottom