I Must Have A Disease!!

tell her it's better spending nights in a bar.

Lol, was just going to say, I pissed that amount away taking the In-laws to dinner a couple nights ago. Should have made dinner for them instead. Could have bought a Fluke I have my eye on.!!

Last edited:
Yeah, you have two ukes... that's outrageous...how do you sleep at night? ;)

The disease is UAS - there is no known cure - but temporary relief is achieved at each new acquisition...

Congrats! Looks great. By the way I've set up my garage pretty well, frig, flat screen and music stand!

Congrats soupy. A solid mahogany Big Island concert with a case for $225 sounds like a great buy to me.

Learn a "special song just for you". I tried it and it sort of helps soften the blow (but that only works once!)

That's funny, I was in their store a week or two ago, and I think I played the very uke that you purchased! It was a nice instrument--enjoy it!

I just tell people that owning and playing ukuleles is my midlife crisis and it's waaaaaaay cheaper than a Ferrari.

Congratulations on your new ukulele. It sounds like you got a deal.

"If you give yourself the mahogany ukulele, and really make an effort to hide it from your spouse, you might just find sleeping in the backyard tool shed next to the John Deere to be possible; and even probable!!" -Annon (soupy1957's uu signature)

I have this disesase too haha, im down to 8 ukes at the moment, I cant see myself just choosing one though cause they are all so unique sounding, but I see this as a hobby that is way better than spending money on booze, its so easy to spend $150/weekend when I go out with friends, gas,food, drinks, etc it adds up. So I guess Im saying is dont feel bad :)

I got a "what do want that for?" from SWMBO when I got my last uke till I briefly played it when the response was "That is nice!". So don't give up hope. Just play it for her.

I have this disesase too haha, im down to 8 ukes at the moment, I cant see myself just choosing one though cause they are all so unique sounding, but I see this as a hobby that is way better than spending money on booze, its so easy to spend $150/weekend when I go out with friends, gas,food, drinks, etc it adds up. So I guess Im saying is dont feel bad :)

I didn't feel badly either when I was in your shoes.

When I started to buy two of every uke I love "just in case they stop making them", that's when the self-loathing started creeping in.

Getting #4 into the door is the tough one. When I got it my wife said "why do you need all those ukuleles?" That meant she stopped counting! From there on it just became a clutter in the corner of the den.

Good luck

Top Bottom