Roland GK-3 and ukulele

paw123los

Reaction score
Hi guys !

I'm thinking about tabbing out some of my arrangements, but I'm very lazy when it gets to write notes or tabb. Everytime I start to do that I get bored after few measures :p

I was thinking about a polyphonic midi interface to do most of the work for me. I see that a lot of guitarists use this Roland GK-3 interface.
I was curious - does anybody tried to use that interface with ukulele ? Or maybe there is a similar device that could be succesfully used with the ukulele for that purpose ?

EDIT:
I just read on the Roland webpage that GK-3 is not compatible with ukulele :(
But maybe you guys know a similar device that would be compatible ?

Last edited:
As far as I know the synth pickups like that need metal strings in order to work. Godin makes nylon string guitars with synth access, but no 'ukulele with it as of yet. Waiting for the day...!

Transcription from MIDI just isn't that good. You either wind up quantizing everything, so that everything is a string of uniform notes, OR you wind up editing the accurate transcription of your timing into something more or less "normal." Forget about playing ballads rubato.

Nine times out of ten, it's faster just to enter it by hand. My tool of choice is Lilypond, but there's lots of options.

Top Bottom