PDA

View Full Version : No More UAS for a while (MMM GLYPH)

wearymicrobe
01-07-2009, 01:37 PM
Got what I consider to be one of the best sopranos on the planet delivered to my door today, so my primary collection is complete. My UAS is down quite a bit, the only real shuffle will be the CE-1 to a CE-3. I will still track down a few more modern builders like moorebettah/king but will be my recording/gigging lineup for a long time I hope

Left to right is
Flea
Glyph Soprano Custom
Ko'olau CE-1/3
Kanile'a Tenor K2
Kanile'a K5+ Custom 8 string
Kanile'a K5+ Custom Tenor Slothead

So pictures.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1117199/100_2506.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1117199/100_2507.jpg

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2005-12/1117199/100_2508.jpg

nickulele
01-07-2009, 02:08 PM
crikey, i've never been really bothered about them before but that flea is filling me with uke envy!

what have i been missing out on all this time?

The rest of the gallery is fantastic, goes without saying.

bluesuke
01-07-2009, 03:27 PM
I'm drooling on my keyboard right now

russ_buss
01-07-2009, 03:33 PM
she's a beauty. congrats!

also, nice to see you played the hell out of that flea. good job!

menehunenyc
01-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Beautiful collection! So many customs...so pretty...so jealous.

wearymicrobe
01-07-2009, 05:44 PM
crikey, i've never been really bothered about them before but that flea is filling me with uke envy!

I love my flea, its my surf ukulele so it has sand and all sorts of crap in it. At some point I will buy a piece of 5A koa from eBay and just rebuild the top because I am going to go though it some day and I just love it to much to part with it.

MisoHappy
01-07-2009, 06:31 PM
That one doesn't have a soundhole....is there a reason why? your ukes look good though :D

wearymicrobe
01-07-2009, 06:34 PM
That one doesn't have a soundhole....is there a reason why? your ukes look good though :D

It's the ko'olau is a electric solidbody ukulele that I run through a huge amp to get all kinds of strange sounds.

Rock-A-Hula
01-07-2009, 07:26 PM
Got what I consider to be one of the best sopranos on the planet delivered to my door today, so my primary collection is complete...
...Flea
Glyph Soprano Custom
Ko'olau CE-1/3
Kanile'a Tenor K2

So pictures...

Gah! I hate you. :D

Plainsong
01-07-2009, 11:02 PM
When you have one of those legendary type of sopranos, it's like knowing a secret that no one else seems to get.

That collection is a how-to guide to UAS. Congrats!

deach
01-08-2009, 12:56 AM
Beautiful! but I am most impressed by the Flea. Awesome mojo it's got going on.

experimentjon
01-08-2009, 01:34 AM
I have always wanted one of those solid body Ko'olaus. But then again, I only have small practice amps, and not that many effects. Ah, alas, it will have to wait until I graduate from college. Maybe it'll be an excellent year for Merrill or Goldman or Lehman etc the year I graduate. Haha. After the rent and bills are paid, Ko'olau and massive amp and multieffects board, here I come.

upskydowncloud
01-08-2009, 03:56 AM
Got what I consider to be one of the best sopranos on the planet delivered to my door today, so my primary collection is complete. My UAS is down quite a bit, the only real shuffle will be the CE-1 to a CE-3. I will still track down a few more modern builders like moorebettah/king but will be my recording/gigging lineup for a long time I hope

Left to right is
Flea
Glyph Soprano Custom
Ko'olau CE-1/3
Kanile'a Tenor K2

So pictures.

I love your new uke! What grade wood is it? Either AAAA or AAAAA?

Unlike the others the flea style ukes don't do anything for me.

wearymicrobe
01-08-2009, 04:27 AM
I have always wanted one of those solid body Ko'olaus. But then again, I only have small practice amps, and not that many effects. Ah, alas, it will have to wait until I graduate from college. Maybe it'll be an excellent year for Merrill or Goldman or Lehman etc the year I graduate. Haha. After the rent and bills are paid, Ko'olau and massive amp and multieffects board, here I come.

You need a good bit of pedals or a Big Pod to make them sound there best. An amp at around 5-10 watts with good gain and overdrive is all you need or you will be buying new ears.

I love your new uke! What grade wood is it? Either AAAA or AAAAA?

Thats a difficult one, its not the best I have seen but with Koa getting harder and harder to find its a modern 5A.

The only thing that i have not been able to track down is a 3/5K. I have been looking but no deals to be had on a vintage one.

mctrmt
01-08-2009, 04:52 AM
Congratulations- you have a beautiful family!

Plainsong
01-08-2009, 06:10 AM

You're better off with a proper acoustic amp, and while they're bigger than a DA-5, they're not much more expensive. ;)