No More UAS for a while (MMM GLYPH)

wearymicrobe

Reaction score
Got what I consider to be one of the best sopranos on the planet delivered to my door today, so my primary collection is complete. My UAS is down quite a bit, the only real shuffle will be the CE-1 to a CE-3. I will still track down a few more modern builders like moorebettah/king but will be my recording/gigging lineup for a long time I hope

Left to right is
Flea
Glyph Soprano Custom
Ko'olau CE-1/3
Kanile'a Tenor K2
Kanile'a K5+ Custom 8 string
Kanile'a K5+ Custom Tenor Slothead

So pictures.

100_2506.jpg

100_2507.jpg

100_2508.jpg

Last edited:
crikey, i've never been really bothered about them before but that flea is filling me with uke envy!

what have i been missing out on all this time?

The rest of the gallery is fantastic, goes without saying.

crikey, i've never been really bothered about them before but that flea is filling me with uke envy!

I love my flea, its my surf ukulele so it has sand and all sorts of crap in it. At some point I will buy a piece of 5A koa from eBay and just rebuild the top because I am going to go though it some day and I just love it to much to part with it.

That one doesn't have a soundhole....is there a reason why? your ukes look good though :D

When you have one of those legendary type of sopranos, it's like knowing a secret that no one else seems to get.

That collection is a how-to guide to UAS. Congrats!

I have always wanted one of those solid body Ko'olaus. But then again, I only have small practice amps, and not that many effects. Ah, alas, it will have to wait until I graduate from college. Maybe it'll be an excellent year for Merrill or Goldman or Lehman etc the year I graduate. Haha. After the rent and bills are paid, Ko'olau and massive amp and multieffects board, here I come.

Got what I consider to be one of the best sopranos on the planet delivered to my door today, so my primary collection is complete. My UAS is down quite a bit, the only real shuffle will be the CE-1 to a CE-3. I will still track down a few more modern builders like moorebettah/king but will be my recording/gigging lineup for a long time I hope

Left to right is
Flea
Glyph Soprano Custom
Ko'olau CE-1/3
Kanile'a Tenor K2
Kanile'a K5+ Custom 8 string
Kanile'a K5+ Custom Tenor Slothead

So pictures.

I love your new uke! What grade wood is it? Either AAAA or AAAAA?

Unlike the others the flea style ukes don't do anything for me.

I have always wanted one of those solid body Ko'olaus. But then again, I only have small practice amps, and not that many effects. Ah, alas, it will have to wait until I graduate from college. Maybe it'll be an excellent year for Merrill or Goldman or Lehman etc the year I graduate. Haha. After the rent and bills are paid, Ko'olau and massive amp and multieffects board, here I come.

You need a good bit of pedals or a Big Pod to make them sound there best. An amp at around 5-10 watts with good gain and overdrive is all you need or you will be buying new ears.

I love your new uke! What grade wood is it? Either AAAA or AAAAA?

Thats a difficult one, its not the best I have seen but with Koa getting harder and harder to find its a modern 5A.

The only thing that i have not been able to track down is a 3/5K. I have been looking but no deals to be had on a vintage one.

You're better off with a proper acoustic amp, and while they're bigger than a DA-5, they're not much more expensive. ;)

Top Bottom