FS: David Newton "Primitive" Mahogany Soprano

Status
Not open for further replies.

grendel1972

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
SOLD

Hello all, got another one for sale. This one is a David Newton "Primitive" Mahogany Soprano. I'm the original owner and I've had it less than a year. It's a fantastic instrument, but it turns out I'm just not a soprano guy (my fat fingers just won't cooperate).

Bought it here on the marketplace: http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/f...tyle-quot-Soprano-Ukulele-by-David-Newton-500

Here is the builder's description from that thread: "All-Honduras Mahogany Soprano with primitive-style flush fretboard. Spanish Cedar neck, 1-7/16" bone nut & bone saddle. All hot-hide-glue construction, french polish finish. Grover Deluxe Sta-tite friction tuners, Aquila Nylgut strings. Pleasant woody tone, plenty of volume, the palm trees sway when you play."

Includes a Uke Crazy case.

It's been played by me, so has the usual finish marks (the ones that you need to get the light just right to see). There is one that is more easily seen on the bottom, but I still couldn't photograph it. None are more than cosmetic marks.

Price is $350 shipped to the CONUS, includes insurance and I pay the paypal fees (paypal is payment method of choice for me).

If you're local to the Boston area, price is $300 for in-person cash payment.

No trades, trying to raise some funds.

Feel free to PM me with any questions.

IMG_0219.jpgIMG_0221.jpgIMG_0225.jpgIMG_0226.jpgIMG_0227.jpg

Last edited:
Been awhile, but this one is still for sale. Standing firm on the price (I don't *need* to sell it), but now that the summer is officially over, thought there may be more interest. Let me know if you have any questions.

I'm not sure how to phrase this question, but does it feel different playing a uke with a flush fretboard?

Can you provide action measurements? Thanks!

I'm not sure how to phrase this question, but does it feel different playing a uke with a flush fretboard?

Can you provide action measurements? Thanks!

Well, this was my attempt to get into the soprano, and I just couldn't get comfortable with the smaller scale (I'm playing mostly baritone these days, some tenor). So, if you play a lot of soprano, the flush fingerboard may be a big difference, but it was all so different to me that I would be afraid to point to that as anything that I noticed. My fat fingers just aren't meant for the soprano uke, unfortunately.

I'll try and get some measurements and post later tonight.

Thanks for your interest!

Price drop to $400 shipped (CONUS) or $350 local (now reflected in the original post as well). Still haven't had a chance to measure the action (double whammy of work and home being super busy), but it plays extremely well.

Thanks for looking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom