Hawaiian songs

bassukuleledudeguy

Reaction score
Can somebody please tell me the names or the links to some Hawaiian style songs that can be played on one ukulele.

I don't know if there is such a thing never been to Hawaii heard any Hawaiian songs or even know if I'm spelling it right :rolleyes:. Sweet.
Cheers. :)

You can check TSH (Tropical Storm Hawaii). Hawaiian music can be somewhat explained here along with additional info. Generally, I just categorize it as Contemporary and Traditional. I guess Contemporary can be defined as island music infused with rock, reggae, soul, hip hop and country. Traditional music are pretty much songs with Hawaiian lyrics and also included is Ki Ho'alu (Slack Key).

Oh I forgot to mention, if you wanna hear snippets of music visit Hawaiian Music Island.

Last edited:
Hey thanks everybody.
The difficulty would be pretty beginner (Played for 4 days) but because i play bass and guitar I might be a bit better then somebody whos first instrument is the ukulele.
Oh I'd like to add If one ukulele can play the chords and the melody or parts of the melody at the same time that would be awesome :cool:
Again thank you.
Enjoyed the music you have posted so far :).

Top Bottom