Advice needed for pickup on Pono MT - What's best ?

Ukuleleon

Reaction score
After extensive research online and in this great forum I decided to go for the Pono MT: I fell in with love the sweet sound and the construction is said to be top notch for a Uke in this price range.

As I progress in my playing I will probably want to be playing through an amp in the future so I would rather have a pickup installed ex- factory.

Have some questions which I hope you answer:

1. What to look for in a passive pickup ? Any recommendations that go well with this uke ?

2. I will probably be ordering from HMS and they offer a pickup as option. Does anyone have experience with this pickup?

In other words: tell me something about pickups and what to look for and what not.

PS: I will be playing mostly at home but it would be nice to have something that can still be used in other situations.

Thanks!

If you can manage it, the MiSi pickup system is an excellent match for this ukulele. We have MiSi pickup systems installed in our Pono Tenors and the results have been excellent. True, accurate sound, rechargeable battery-less active technology. Very nice.

Mike

Check out K&K twin spot. MyaMoe uses them!

Top Bottom