Ukebrand Mahogany Concert for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robtjm

Reaction score
This is a mahogany Ukebrand concert, with a rosewood fretboard. It was made by New World Guitar Company in Santa Cruz, California, and is serial number 1161. It has a french polish finish. The case shown in the photo is included in the sale. There are a few cosmetic flaws which I have tried, not very successfully, to show in the photos, and which I will try to describe in detail. There is some minimal strum wear that does not show at all in the photos. A few inches below the bridge between the E and A strings there is a small spot that may or may not be a scratch, and there is a small scuff below the sound hole, above the upper G string. There are two short scratches in the headstock and also three small scratches on the back. Really the cosmetic flaws are pretty minor, and don't have too much impact on its overall beauty in my opinion. The defects were all there when I bought the uke. I believe this uke was intended to be a reproduction of a Martin Style 1. It has a very comfortable neck and a beautiful full tone. These are no longer being made and are becoming somewhat difficult to find. I guess I'm selling for no better reason than that I've got too many ukes. I'd like to get $550.00 for the uke, including shipping to the US.

Attachments

• Ukebrand1.jpg
    Ukebrand1.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 146
  • Ukebrand2.jpg
    Ukebrand2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 118
  • Ukebrand3.jpg
    Ukebrand3.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 113
  • Ukebrand4.jpg
    Ukebrand4.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 126
  • Ukebrand5.jpg
    Ukebrand5.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 84
You have a sound sample to show us? What string brand you have on it?

Wow, that's a classy looking concert.

two more photos

In response to an inquiry I have added two more photos. The first shows the top between the sound hole and the fret board. The top and back each come from a single piece of solid mahogany, versus two bookmatched pieces glued together. The second is a clearer photo of the blemish below the bridge.

Attachments

• Ukebrand 8.jpg
    Ukebrand 8.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 66
  • Ukebrand8.jpg
    Ukebrand8.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 66
In one of these pictures there appears to be a lot of light coloured speckling in the finish between the sound hole and the neck. I also see it to a lesser extent in one of the earlier pics. Is that a lighting thing or does it really look like that?

Last edited:
Absolutely beautiful! I have never seen one of these before. I have no money to spend, sadly, but this one could be the cure of UAS for me. Good luck with your sale....

I think its dust. The finish is in good condition with no speckling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom