I missed the FedEx truck...and my NEW uke!

Hochapeafarm

Reaction score
I am waiting for my new KoAloha tenor to arrive from HMS -- I am excited WAY more than words can articulate...well, okay, I am absolutely giddy about it! My FedEx notification email said my delivery was estimated for 7 pm today but the truck came at 9:15 am instead today and I MISSED the delivery! Argghhhh!!!!! Man, what a HUGE bummer! The last time I had a package from FedEx, the delivery time was again estimated for 7 pm on a particular day, and the package arrived at that time. But not this time. Shucks!!!!! So, I called FedEx and told them to hold the package at their location so I can come get it. I will have to drive at least an hour each way to/from the FedEx pick up site, but I would rather do this than chance missing my package again tomorrow! Yes, did I mention I am totally giddy about getting my new KoAloha tenor? Oh my goodness...I am SOOOOO excited!!!! I can't wait! :-D

This has become my default, the FedEx "Hold at FedEx Location" option. I'm lucky that my FedEx office is closer to me than yours, but I don't have to worry about being home to sign for it.

This has become my default, the FedEx "Hold at FedEx Location" option. I'm lucky that my FedEx office is closer to me than yours, but I don't have to worry about being home to sign for it.

Yes, especially for a delivery like this.

Congratulations on your upcoming new uke day. Koalaoha tenor very nice! I have tried that with UPS and they wouldn't let me go get it. Glad you can. Very exciting!

Yeah, so they say.....Good luck and have a safe trip. Something worth feeling giddy about. Congrats and Good luck

Congratulations on your upcoming new uke day. Koalaoha tenor very nice! I have tried that with UPS and they wouldn't let me go get it. Glad you can. Very exciting!

Hi, Richard! Good to hear from you -- and thanks so very much for your note!!!! I am absolutely thrilled to be getting this KoAloha tenor! I wonder why UPS wouldn't let you get your package? I would think that they would? I'll post NUD pics and stuff soon!

happened to me too... good luck and you'll love the KoAloha sound..

That's the kicker, I was home and could have signed for the package, but the FedEx delivery person didn't come through my driveway gate (no lock or anything) -- typically, in the past, other FedEx delivery people come straight to my front door. So, I didn't even know that FedEx had been here. Once I saw the dreaded "Door Tag" stuck on my driveway gate, I knew I missed out today. I called FedEx and told the representative what had happened; he just said it's up to the driver to decide whether or not to come to the front door if there's a gate across the driveway. I should have left specific delivery instructions -- "PLEASE COME/DELIVER TO FRONT DOOR." :) Now, I know. ;-)

This is why I always have gear delivered to work.

Glad that you are able to go to FedEx and pick it up; don't speed home with it!

happened to me too... good luck and you'll love the KoAloha sound..

Thanks, Tailgate! I know what you mean about the KoAloha sound -- I have been watching SO many videos of folks playing their KoAlohas! I have always wanted to have a Hawaiian ukulele -- this is just an amazing time for me and I feel so very grateful -- again, more than words can express! :)

This is why I always have gear delivered to work.

Glad that you are able to go to FedEx and pick it up; don't speed home with it!

Thanks!!! Guess it probably wouldn't be a good idea for me to "uke-n-drive" -- ;-) -- but, it will be SO hard to not open that package up RIGHT away once I pick it up and get into the car!

The last time I had a new uke that was delivered (by FedEx also), I was so excited to open the package, the FedEx guy actually waited for me to open it right there at my front door! That time, the FedEx delivery person did come to the door. :)

That's annoying that he didn't come up to your door. Enjoy the new uke! I'm still hemming and hawing about buying a Koaloha soprano I saw in a music store. It was a great sounding uke!

Petey

Hi, Richard! Good to hear from you -- and thanks so very much for your note!!!! I am absolutely thrilled to be getting this KoAloha tenor! I wonder why UPS wouldn't let you get your package? I would think that they would? I'll post NUD pics and stuff soon!

Thank you for your lovely comments. I think in our area there is an option to pickup at a UPS store on the day of delivery, but their hubs didn't allow it when I asked. I know they do in the Bay Area where Gary lives. I should get my CR today too. Really looking forward to your NUD thread!

Last edited:
I know how maddening that can be, and share in your "woo-hoo!!" excitement. I can hardly wait to hear how you controlled yourself on the drive home, and to see pix.

Congrats on the new uke and sorry about the missed delivery. Hopefully you can take some quality time off tomorrow and get to know each other!

Love to see pics when you have time

Top Bottom