Martin style 0 restoration

Timbuck

Reaction score
Mrs Timbuck has just taken on a commision, restoring the finish on a 1930's Martin soprano...some previous owner long ago had a go at redoing the French Polish and it wasn't a success...the original finish had been removed most likely by paint stripper wire brush and sand paper and a scraper...then a coat or two of shellac applied ...and this was the result :confused:...I say "good luck to her"

Last edited:
Well I've seen the polish she puts on your builds - beautiful! How much more (or more difficult) work is it to polish up a surface like the one that has been left on that old Martin?

It's just French Polishing Liam....after a rubbing down with Beeswax it's back in it's box with new strings,and ready to ship.

Last edited:
Very nice work.

It may be 'Just' French Polishing, but Mrs Timbuck is the expert!
Many thanks Ken and Mrs Timbuck, I am definitely one very happy customer, it's looking better that I ever expected. I'm looking forward to getting my freshly restored Style 0 home soon! :)

Last edited:
It may be 'Just' French Polishing, but Mrs Timbuck is the expert!
Many thanks Ken and Mrs Timbuck, I am definitely one very happy customer, it's looking better that I ever expected. I'm looking forward to getting my freshly restored Style 0 home soon! :)

I was about to say "Mrs. Timbuck must have a very happy customer!" but then the happy customer said so himself!. Agreed, lovely work, and a perfect example of how the hands of a skilled craftsperson make all the difference in a job like this.

Top Bottom