PDA

View Full Version : A show I produce for Food Network premiers Sunday!

Bob Bledsoe
08-02-2013, 06:20 AM
Hey all,

If you watch Food Network you may have seen promos for a new series called "The Shed". I've been in Mississippi producing this show for the last several months and am very proud of it (but happy to be back in L.A.)

Sneak preview this Sunday and the official premier on Monday night. Would love for you to tune in because viewers = ratings = happy network and hopefully a season 2 order...

The one good thing about reality shows is you don't have to put down your ukulele to watch them!

Here are links to the promo and the show info:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/videos/new-series-the-shed/118964.html?vpid=tbla|searchresults

http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-shed/index.html

Hope you enjoy the show. Please let me know what you think!

Bob

pootsie
08-02-2013, 06:24 AM
So ... how is the pulled pork?

UkeKiddinMe
08-02-2013, 06:45 AM
I'll look out for it. Thanks for telling us.

I enjoy the Food Network.

Bob Bledsoe
08-02-2013, 07:26 AM
So ... how is the pulled pork?

It's the best BBQ I've had and the pulled pork is my favorite. I get it dry because even though the sauce is amazing, it's loaded with sugar and my goal is to not get fatter while in the south... It's a difficult goal.

UkuleleHill
08-02-2013, 07:39 AM
You're a producer for it?!? SO COOL! I've been seeing previews for it and I keep needing to remember to set my DVR... I'll set it tonight!

Wicked
08-02-2013, 07:53 AM
What about the "Blues Joint" part? Do they have live music?

Bob Bledsoe
08-02-2013, 10:41 AM
You're a producer for it?!? SO COOL! I've been seeing previews for it and I keep needing to remember to set my DVR... I'll set it tonight!

Cool! Glad you'll be watching. It's been a very fun show to work on... I'm even teaching Brooke (the sister/co-owner) to play ukulele ;-)

What about the "Blues Joint" part? Do they have live music?

Yes, really great live music. The best blues bands in the south play at The Shed. They have two stages, one on each side of the property.

Wicked
08-02-2013, 02:47 PM
Yes, really great live music. The best blues bands in the south play at The Shed. They have two stages, one on each side of the property.

Great. I will probably be spending quite a bit of time in Mississippi and Louisiana in a few months. I was planning on wandering around some of the better blues houses and juke joints on the weekends. I will add them to my list. I saw on their website that they have more than one location. Which site did you film at?

tigersister
08-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Very cool, Bob! We don't have cable anymore, so I'll have to wait until it comes on Nexflix or catch the clips on the FN website. Well wishes on the success of your show.

Bob Bledsoe
08-02-2013, 07:02 PM
Great. I will probably be spending quite a bit of time in Mississippi and Louisiana in a few months. I was planning on wandering around some of the better blues houses and juke joints on the weekends. I will add them to my list. I saw on their website that they have more than one location. Which site did you film at?

The main one is in Ocean Springs. That's the one you want to go to. The others are franchises and they don't have the same vibe as the original. We don't even mention the other locations in the show. I'm sure they're great, but the original Shed is an experience... Have fun in the south!

Very cool, Bob! We don't have cable anymore, so I'll have to wait until it comes on Nexflix or catch the clips on the FN website. Well wishes on the success of your show.

Thanks Soo! You'll probably be able to find episodes online very soon. Thanks for the well wishes!

pakhan
08-03-2013, 12:52 AM
COngrats if it show out here, I'll be sure to catch it!

coolkayaker1
08-03-2013, 05:06 AM
Looks like a fantastic show, Robert! I'm seriously pumped for it.

I hope you got yourself in front of the camera a couple times, bc you're one funny dude. It's the least reward for spending, what did you say, months down in The Magnolia State. Wow...what some producers won;t do for a show! lol

I'll look for those hidden Bob Bledsoe camera appearances, sort of like how Hitchcock slipped himself into every film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b6WjVmNpAc

I don't see your cameo in this The Shed promo video, though, Bob. Wait wait...unless you're the silkworm!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIx0hTjXh18
-- Steve

teruterubouzu
08-03-2013, 05:45 AM
This thread is making me hungry! I will definitely check out your show.

Wicked
08-03-2013, 06:23 AM
The main one is in Ocean Springs. That's the one you want to go to. The others are franchises and they don't have the same vibe as the original. We don't even mention the other locations in the show. I'm sure they're great, but the original Shed is an experience...

Thanks for the advice. I wasn't planning on heading that far east down the coast, but I will make the trip now.

Tailgate
08-03-2013, 07:10 AM
bump ...
http://www.foodnetwork.com/the-shed/video/index.html..looks like fun

Newportlocal
08-03-2013, 07:12 AM
I will definitely series record this. Thanks for letting us know. Aside from being a cool job. Sounds like you really had a lot of fun.

Bob Bledsoe
08-03-2013, 08:36 AM
Thanks for checking out the show guys! It's cool to see people excited about it. Thanks for all the nice well wishes ;-)

Looks like a fantastic show, Robert! I'm seriously pumped for it.

I hope you got yourself in front of the camera a couple times, bc you're one funny dude. It's the least reward for spending, what did you say, months down in The Magnolia State. Wow...what some producers won;t do for a show! lol

I'll look for those hidden Bob Bledsoe camera appearances, sort of like how Hitchcock slipped himself into every film.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b6WjVmNpAc

I don't see your cameo in this The Shed promo video, though, Bob. Wait wait...unless you're the silkworm!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIx0hTjXh18
-- Steve

You might see me on the August 19th episode if I make it into the cut. The director talked me into jumping in front of the camera for a bit... We had an episode idea that I was going to play ukulele in but we didn't end up doing that one... I kind of like staying off camera for this kind of show though ;-)

Love that Harlem Shake vid! Hadn't seen that one.

Thanks for the kind words Steve!

Bob Bledsoe
08-04-2013, 08:19 AM
For those interested, here's a cool little preview/tour of The Shed property. Sneak preview of the show is tonight at 10pm/9 central...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Fq_nGwjZhSc#at=26

coolkayaker1
08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Please don't quote the spam. Thanks. - seeso.

Yes, but is it yummy slathered on roasted pig, is the question?!!

coolkayaker1
08-05-2013, 08:09 PM
Saw the preview last night--fun family. Pig-A-Pult! I squinted real hard to see you, Bob, then I remembered: you're on Aug 19. lol

Great to see a quality new show that is produced by UU member. I wanted to see the first episode tonight, but performing brain surgery on a hamster is easier than getting the wife to turn off Housewives of OC.

Trinimon
08-06-2013, 05:08 AM
Mmmmmmm BBQ.

Trinimon
08-06-2013, 08:37 AM
Mmmmmmm BBQ.

Edit: Doesn't look like I can view the US vids in Canada.

Bob Bledsoe
08-06-2013, 10:08 AM
Saw the preview last night--fun family. Pig-A-Pult! I squinted real hard to see you, Bob, then I remembered: you're on Aug 19. lol

Great to see a quality new show that is produced by UU member. I wanted to see the first episode tonight, but performing brain surgery on a hamster is easier than getting the wife to turn off Housewives of OC.

Glad you liked it Steve! My guess is Food Network will rerun these episodes a lot so you'll have a chance to see them when Housewives isn't on ;-)

Edit: Doesn't look like I can view the US vids in Canada.

One of my Canadian friends told me the show starts running in Canada at the end of this month. Glad you all will get it up there!

Venneman
08-09-2013, 12:05 PM
I hope you got yourself in front of the camera a couple times, bc you're one funny dude.

If he's anything like me, he got into producing to stay BEHIND the camera!

(Former TV news producer who just throws things at the TV now, when I do watch.)

Sucks I missed the premiere, but I assume there will be more?

coolkayaker1
08-09-2013, 12:22 PM

(Former TV news producer who just throws things at the TV now, when I do watch.)

Venneman, you gotta click on Bob's youtube link on his signature. He's a producer, but on camera-friendly steroids! The Program Show and his own channel, both. Check it out!!!! You'll be on the floor. They're all hilarious--Frank Strum. That Night Shift one had me peeing my pants.

Newportlocal
08-13-2013, 08:45 AM
So, I finally got a chance to watch it. Saw the "Pimps", guys feeding marshmallows to the gator, trying to catch crawdads, the smoked wedding cake,etc. Fun show.

Trinimon
08-13-2013, 09:28 AM
One of my Canadian friends told me the show starts running in Canada at the end of this month. Glad you all will get it up there!

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it! Best of luck.

Bob Bledsoe
08-14-2013, 09:38 AM

This is one of the rare times when I'm working on a TV show and I'm not in front of the camera. Most of my film and TV credits are listed as "actor"... Yeah, there will be more. Just 6 in the first season, but hoping a season 2 will be ordered...

Venneman, you gotta click on Bob's youtube link on his signature. He's a producer, but on camera-friendly steroids! The Program Show and his own channel, both. Check it out!!!! You'll be on the floor. They're all hilarious--Frank Strum. That Night Shift one had me peeing my pants.

Thanks Steve! You're my biggest supporter on UU!

So, I finally got a chance to watch it. Saw the "Pimps", guys feeding marshmallows to the gator, trying to catch crawdads, the smoked wedding cake,etc. Fun show.

Thanks! I think it gets better as we get into the season. The cast is getting used to having cameras around them... That's an awkward situation the first few weeks.

Awesome! I'll keep an eye out for it! Best of luck.

Thanks Trinimon!

sonomajazz
09-04-2013, 05:44 AM
Just set it up on my DVR for this weekend...thanks for the heads up.