Oh man what a day!

CenizaT&K-01

Reaction score
Oh man, so every sunday morning, Uke Noobie and i go to this Hawaiian Restaurant called Bob's Okazuya in Gardena, Ca. After eating I get the honor of going up and playing the uke with Pete and Rick who play their ukulele's and sing every Sunday. Well today, i went up after eating breakfast like i normally do, i took my seat and Uke Noobie comes up holding an Ukulele case, and it was a tenor size case, so i thought he wanted me to play his brand new Black Pearl Tenor ukulele w/pickup, that he just bought two days ago. So i was like ok, so i put my ukulele down, and all of a sudden when i looked up he opened up the case and it was a brand new ukulele. He bought me a Lanikai Tenor w/ pickup. Oh man, i almost about teared up. Thanks a lot to a great friend, a brother, a best friend! thanks again! you guys should of seen the look on my face, i tell you it was worth a thousand words!!! I know you aren't supposed to have people buy you ukulele's because you have to feel the uke to know it's the one you want. But it was the one i wanted, when we picked his up the other day i was playing the one he bought me and i was like oh i want this to hold me over till i get a Kanile'a or a Kamaka. Man i cant thank Uke Noobie enough. thanks!!!

if you guys are ever in Gardena, CA please stop by Bob's OkaZuya on Vermont Ave. The best food, with the best people who are all so friendly.

thanks again!

I've heard from my brother in law, that Bob's went under new ownership awhile ago, and have some live music on saturday nights. I was unaware of uke playing on sunday mornings. It's been years since I've been there last. I just might have to go check it out again. What time do the performances start on sunday? There food has always been one of the better spots to eat in the south bay area, especially for breakfast.

I've heard from my brother in law, that Bob's went under new ownership awhile ago, and have some live music on saturday nights. I was unaware of uke playing on sunday mornings. It's been years since I've been there last. I just might have to go check it out again. What time do the performances start on sunday? There food has always been one of the better spots to eat in the south bay area, especially for breakfast.

hey bruddah, they start playing around 9:30 ish i think, i usually go around 10:30 am ish. its so good, i think more importantly it is the people that make it such a special place. it is usually the same people and its just great, everyone is soooo friendly and welcoming. well i hope you have a chance to make it out.

Attachments

• kamakahf3-1.jpg
    kamakahf3-1.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 6
  • kamakahf3-2.jpg
    kamakahf3-2.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 6
  • kamakahf3-3.jpg
    kamakahf3-3.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 7
  • kamakahf3-4.jpg
    kamakahf3-4.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 5
  • kamakahf3-5.jpg
    kamakahf3-5.jpg
    73.7 KB · Views: 6
ya bro, put a vid up next time :D

i will definitely try next time. i don't have a video camera but ill try and use my digital camera. i know my friend took a video of it last time, but he is currently in new york so i have to wait till he gets back.

thanks guys

Top Bottom