Pro Arte Tenor Strings

Ukulele_Junkie

Reaction score
Well you know what also grinds my gears... When sites keep moving order dates back and back and back going going gone! I can swear to u guys i ordered these on the 14th of February and it said backordered till FEB15 and everyday it would change to Backordered till 16,17,18,etc. haha now its at Feb 21. Anybody know whats up with these strings if they still make em, or maybe Jake bought the whole lot for himself. haha

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DAddario-J71-Pro-Arte-Tenor-Ukulele-Strings?sku=101683

Well you know what also grinds my gears... When sites keep moving order dates back and back and back going going gone! I can swear to u guys i ordered these on the 14th of February and it said backordered till FEB15 and everyday it would change to Backordered till 16,17,18,etc. haha now its at Feb 21. Anybody know whats up with these strings if they still make em, or maybe Jake bought the whole lot for himself. haha

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/DAddario-J71-Pro-Arte-Tenor-Ukulele-Strings?sku=101683

I was not that impressed with them actually. Hopefully they sound better on your uke. They sound great on Aldrine's Kamaka. Really dull and flat on my Koaloha tenor.

I was not that impressed with them actually. Hopefully they sound better on your uke. They sound great on Aldrine's Kamaka. Really dull and flat on my Koaloha tenor.

ha yeah all this waiting i'm hoping it does, i just want to find that right string u know. as of right now i have aquila nylguts no wounds, and i really like em. But I don't know if i'm gettin these d'addarios anytime soon every other websites have them on backorder.

umm if you go to stringsbymail.com you can get them for 7 bucks(shipping included) and there's no backorder on them. . haha i just ordered mien on tuesday and i should get them next week^_^

ha yeah thanks. Ey terrell have u been to dusty's strings up in seattle?

As far as I know from the Videos on iamhawaii.com Aldrine use D'Addario Pro Arte Guitar Strings (hard version).
I went to a music shop yesterday to get 2 packages (You need two because you need two E Strings) and they where freaking expensive there. 23 Euro (34 Dollars ... :eek::mad:). I checked an online shop the same day, they had them for 14 euro (for 2 packages) and the D'Addario Pro Arte Ukulele Strings (tenor) for 5 Euro.

I have a Pono Koa Tenor Ukulele. I tested the Golden Ko'olau Strings (for me these Strings suck) and Worth Strings (they are okay but I think it could be better).

Somebody has experience with D'Addario and Pono Ukulele?
And what is better the D'Addario Ukulele or Guitar Strings ?

ha yeah thanks. Ey terrell have u been to dusty's strings up in seattle?
nope, why do they have good deals? haha i don't know where any shops up here are. there's a music store over where i live called big foot music but all they have is standard stuff, drums guitar..ect.

Hm. thats weird. I ordered these from musicians friend just recently. At the time, they were on back order, but as soon as they got them in stock they emailed me and they arrived in the mail 3 days later... and I live on GUAM! I was very surprised to say the least.

I love these strings by the way. They are 10x better than the stock strings that came with my kala. The volume, sustain, and brightness were boosted after I swapped them in.

nope, why do they have good deals? haha i don't know where any shops up here are. there's a music store over where i live called big foot music but all they have is standard stuff, drums guitar..ect.

dude dusty's has everything from flukes to acoustics(brands carried kamaka, pono, g-string, etc.), guitars, dulcimers, banjo ukes, they have almost everything. google it up, its like over the fremont bridge.

As far as I know from the Videos on iamhawaii.com Aldrine use D'Addario Pro Arte Guitar Strings (hard version).
I went to a music shop yesterday to get 2 packages (You need two because you need two E Strings) and they where freaking expensive there. 23 Euro (34 Dollars ... :eek::mad:). I checked an online shop the same day, they had them for 14 euro (for 2 packages) and the D'Addario Pro Arte Ukulele Strings (tenor) for 5 Euro.

I have a Pono Koa Tenor Ukulele. I tested the Golden Ko'olau Strings (for me these Strings suck) and Worth Strings (they are okay but I think it could be better).

Hmm...got mine for 3.99 online.

my pono is a mahogany. so i dont know if my opinion is as meaningful, but when i strummed the stock ko'olau golds on my pono, i was kinda ehhh. when i put the d'addarios on, i perked up a bit, but still only a little eh. i like how it sounds, but something tells me that there is something better out there for this uke.

the d'addario pro arte ukulele strings are the same as the pro arte classical guitar strings. they are just repacked for you to save you the trouble and the cost.

d'addario pro arte j46 strings are a hard tension classical guitar set

d'addario pro arte j71 tenor strings consist of:
hard tension E1 string to be used as your A string
hard tension B2 string to be used as your E string
hard tension G3 string to be used as your C string
extra hard tension E1 string to be used as your high G string

my pono is a mahogany. so i dont know if my opinion is as meaningful, but when i strummed the stock ko'olau golds on my pono, i was kinda ehhh. when i put the d'addarios on, i perked up a bit, but still only a little eh. i like how it sounds, but something tells me that there is something better out there for this uke.

the d'addario pro arte ukulele strings are the same as the pro arte classical guitar strings. they are just repacked for you to save you the trouble and the cost.

Nuker...
I am not the biggest fan of Aquilas, but I do like the way they sound on my Pono mohagany PTE. It is a mellow uke with bright strings and it sounds good to me now.

Now if I could just get Hawaiimusicsupply to send me what I need to get my beautiful Pono Mango cut away tenor set up........arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I am going on 3 separate phone calls now....no bueno. They actually keep "forgetting".....never had any issues like this before...hmmm. The Uke was a great deal though. $399 instead of $600

Nuker...
I am not the biggest fan of Aquilas, but I do like the way they sound on my Pono mohagany PTE. It is a mellow uke with bright strings and it sounds good to me now.

Now if I could just get Hawaiimusicsupply to send me what I need to get my beautiful Pono Mango cut away tenor set up........arghhhhhhhhhhhhh!! I am going on 3 separate phone calls now....no bueno. They actually keep "forgetting".....never had any issues like this before...hmmm. The Uke was a great deal though. $399 instead of $600

for a mango cutaway??? how did you pull that deal off? teach me obiwan. or hook me up for one also! haha

for a mango cutaway??? how did you pull that deal off? teach me obiwan. or hook me up for one also! haha

I'd like to know this as well!!:eek: The next uke that I wanted to buy was a pono and I love the mango wood!

UKESTAR said:
Nuker...

Thanks for the information ! I will try both the Aquilas and the d'addarios.
Once I got them I will Post my opinion. (that my take a while)

tanx fo da info guys! i use koolau golds all nylon on my pono (cedar/mahogany) too. i tink dat dey sound very mellow. i wanted fo try out da D`addario's too. i wish I jus had someting a little brighter. i am happy wit da koolau's though.

i'm looking forward to ikaru's sound testing!

I just bought some Pro Arte's but I dont really want to take off my Ko'olau Golds just yet. I'm worried that if the Pro Arte's sound like crap I wont be able to get the golds where I live.

I just bought some Pro Arte's but I dont really want to take off my Ko'olau Golds just yet. I'm worried that if the Pro Arte's sound like crap I wont be able to get the golds where I live.

if you dont like the pro artes, just put the ko'olaus back on. nothing wrong with that unless you snap one of the strings.

dude dusty's has everything from flukes to acoustics(brands carried kamaka, pono, g-string, etc.), guitars, dulcimers, banjo ukes, they have almost everything. google it up, its like over the fremont bridge.
aight cool, i'll have to check them out next time i'm in seattle^_^

Top Bottom