Lanikai Lu21c or kala ka - c?

Ukeplayer2013

Reaction score
Okay, I have been looking at lots of threads and a lot of you are recommending the lanikai lu 21c and on a few threads I posted in I was mentioning the kala ka-c. I happened to fall on a thread topic early today and came across an ebay link to butlers music. I seen a lanikai right in the 95$ range that I have in my pocket. Is that a good seller? And is there anyone from Canada here whom has bought from that store? I'm just looking for an honest opinion. If you need links to the few I have seen, I'll be more than happy to provide them. Money is tight and 95$ is all I have. What would be the best between these 2 ukes? I'm playing a lot of ukulele everyday and yes the dolphin is a good ukulele for a beginner like me . I want to upgrade to a concert mainly for sound and more frets. Hope I gave enough details for you guys to help out a noob. LoL!

Thanks for your time!!

I have dealt with Butler's Music, and I have had a Kala KA-C. I can recommend both. (I do not know about the Lanikai). Be sure to ask whomever you buy one from to set it up.
Good luck!

Butler Music is a fine company. I've purchased a Lanikai baritone from them (as have several of my friends). I have a Kala KA-C, and although I don't have the comparable Lanikai model, I do have two Lanikais, which I like very much.

Well I guess from the 2 replies they are both good. LoL! I just gonna see if anyone else has their two cents to put in. It's going to be the only ukulele I'm going to have for a while. I just want to make sure I get something ok foe a while. I have the dolphin. But I want a new main uke so that my little girl can use the dolphin. So.... Ya! LOL!!

I have had both brands, but not those models.. My Lanikai was not built near as well as the Kala. If I had to choose again, i would go with Kala in a heartbeat. YMMV...cheers!!! And good luck!

Look at all the "messed up" Lanikai ukes on Ebay....you don't see the same with Kala's. Butler's is good people.

I will be sticking to my first pick and that's the Kala. I was just looking for some options. Like I said in a previous thread I'm a father of 3 and a husband. Living in a low rental unit and money is tight. So i got saved up 95$ towards the KA-C for 122$ excluding taxes ( In Canada ) Since the shop owner know me and my dad well. Maybe bargain is in the near future.

Thanks to all the members of UU to help us beginners out with the tons upon tons of questions.
Your patience is greatly appreciated!!!

I just need to get an extra 40 or 50$. The shop is going to call and i'll just have to go and pick it up! :D So I'll be letting you all know here when I get it, should be late next week or the week after. With a YouTube video to boot ;)

Top Bottom