1960's Martin Style 51 Baritone Ukulele (Incredible Condition)

hansentj

Reaction score
I have been told not to sell this baby by some on the board but I'm afraid I simply can't justify keeping it. I have for sale a 1960's Martin Style 51 Baritone Ukulele that is in VERY good condition, especially for an instrument that is almost 50 years old. According to my research (and the help of some respected people on this and other boards) this was produced sometime between '62 and not later than mid-'66 based upon the "made in USA" Martin stamp and tortoise binding. I would be happy to send more pictures if you would like. The guitar comes with a case that I highly doubt is the OHSC. There are minimal dings on the headstock (visible in the pictures) and one or two minor dings on the neck. The rest of the uke looks great. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this has been a minimally played instrument, there is hardly any dulling of the satin finish from strumming. The only issue I've encountered is that the tuners might need a bit of work. The tuner for the third string (which I believe to be the G, forgive me...I'm not a uke player) tends to go out. Other than that, it's quite an instrument. Judging from what I've seen online, I'd like $1200 plus S&H. Other ukes of this sort that are currently available online are typically close to that price range but not of the same quality. If you are interested, feel free to reply here or contact me directly at hansen_tyler@yahoo.com. Thanks for looking!

FeoBBEI.jpg

BfnM5yw.jpg

ySzotEH.jpg

3tOvZLH.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, rarely see them any nicer than that. A Beauty

Thursday bump, dropped the price to $1200. And here are some more photos of her.

OhXuNuC.jpg

qWJbcQl.jpg

XtcpXHm.jpg

Cr6LBnq.jpg

Last edited:
And last thing...the tuning peg issue I mentioned is worked out. I made some adjustments and it's held it's tuning just fine for the past week. :)

Another Thursday Bump. I've dropped the price to $1200. Thanks for looking!

Hi hansentj -looks a beaut! Good luck with selling it

Last edited:
Top Bottom