PDA

View Full Version : NUD: Wooohooo!!! A KoAloha Tenor!!!!

Hochapeafarm
08-02-2013, 02:08 PM
Hi, everybody! I am SO excited, I can hardly type this post!!!! If you saw my thread yesterday about the FedEx truck, you know that I missed the truck's delivery yesterday of my new KoAloha tenor (strung with a low G!!!!) from HMS. In order to not miss another delivery attempt, I drove an hour -- each way -- to go pick up my new uke! OOHHHH MYYYY GOOODNESSSS!!!! I am BLOWN away by the looks and the sound of this KoAloha beauty! Those of you who had mentioned to me that I would just love the "KoAloha sound" -- uh, yeah -- YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY SPOT ON!!!! I am so pumped up!!!!

So, I took pics and I did a sound sample! I did a cover of Danielle Ate The Sandwich's "Canada" -- which I've done before on here, but I had to do this because, with this low G, the song sounds sooooo cool (just wish that I could play and sing it better and do it more justice!).

Thanks for having fun with me and may all of your NUD wishes come true soon for you, too! I am on CLOUD 9!!!! Thanks so much to Andrew at HMS -- Joel and Zach, too! Their service is AWESOME! And so many heartfelt thanks to my dear friend, mm stan -- STAN!!! You are indeed THE MAN, my friend -- thank you so much!!! Peace!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwGpFBfpGW4

Howie1947
08-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Sounds like you need a drink ! Make mine a double

Newportlocal
08-02-2013, 02:35 PM
Just beautiful. Very happy for you!

OldePhart
08-02-2013, 02:57 PM
Schweeet!!!!

kvehe
08-02-2013, 03:01 PM
Most excellent! Beautiful grain! Welcome to Club KoAloha!

siauke
08-02-2013, 03:04 PM
Welcome to the KoAloha Ohana. Great video. The grain on your tenor is beautiful!

Radio Flyer
08-02-2013, 03:12 PM
it suits you, congrats.

Tailgate
08-02-2013, 03:26 PM
congrats... wish I had never sold my tenor... that KoAloha sound is just amazingly loud and clear. wow....

mm stan
08-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Aloha Chelley, Woo Hoo you got it.....yes yes I am so happy for you....sounds amazing and nice singing too...Happy Strummings..

Nickie
08-02-2013, 04:03 PM
Wow, it's gorgeous! No wonder you are so excited! Congratulations!!!

haole
08-02-2013, 04:21 PM
Congrats on an awesome new uke! That's one of the prettiest KoAlohas I've ever seen, too!

ukuLily Mars
08-02-2013, 04:48 PM
Cheer up, Chelle. I'm sure this uke will be fine. ;)

GASguy
08-02-2013, 05:02 PM
Beautiful striping and figure in the top and back of your new KoAloha ukulele, well done!

Nice video as well!

erivel
08-02-2013, 09:50 PM
Yay Chelle, congrats! So happy for you! It sure is a beautiful example and sounds wonderful. New uke days are the best! :)

coolkayaker1
08-02-2013, 10:07 PM
I recall when I first took my KoAloha tenor from HMS out of its case. It was, like, BAM...can anything be better than THIS? I think not! What a fantastic ukulele. Thin neck makes it.

Will be interested over the weeks ahead to get your take on low G.

Aloha, Chelle.

Hippie Dribble
08-02-2013, 10:10 PM
Now that's a sweetie right there. Uke's not half bad either. Congrats Chelle! :)

iDavid
08-02-2013, 10:59 PM
We have four KoAloha's in our house. One was a gift from Papa KoAloha. I have bought and sold many ukes, but the KoAloha's will be handed down to my kids. Love these ukes.

Big congrats on you uke, it will bring many, many smiles.

dkcrown
08-03-2013, 04:55 AM
Congrats Chelle on your beautiful new KoAloha. That one is truly striking. You'll have many happy hours ahead of you playing it for years to come.

Kamanaaloha
08-04-2013, 09:19 PM
Enjoy! Mine is strung the same way...with worth browns...i love mine

frisbee fred
08-05-2013, 06:21 AM
I'm having uke envy. That's pretty awesome. Both the uke and you sound great!

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Just beautiful. Very happy for you!

Thanks so much, Richard! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Schweeet!!!!

Thank you, OldePhart! Btw, I LOVE your screen name! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:19 PM
Most excellent! Beautiful grain! Welcome to Club KoAloha!

Hey, Kathryn! Thanks and yahooo -- I love Club KoAloha! I am in LOVE!

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:21 PM
Welcome to the KoAloha Ohana. Great video. The grain on your tenor is beautiful!

Hi there, siauke! Thanks so much for your kind comments on my new KoAloha and on the sound sample, too -- so nice of you!!! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:21 PM
it suits you, congrats.

Thanks so much, Radio Flyer! I feel like it does, too! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:22 PM
congrats... wish I had never sold my tenor... that KoAloha sound is just amazingly loud and clear. wow....

Thank you very much, Tailgate! Yes, the sound is AMAZING!!! I just love the low G -- I never knew how much I would love that, especially!

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:23 PM
Aloha Chelley, Woo Hoo you got it.....yes yes I am so happy for you....sounds amazing and nice singing too...Happy Strummings..

Yayyyyy!!!! Thanks so much, Stan!!!! :-) You're the best -- thank you for helping me with this!!!! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Wow, it's gorgeous! No wonder you are so excited! Congratulations!!!

Hi, Nickie! Thank you! I feel sort of embarrassed about being so exuberant, but I just cant' help myself! :-) It is such a special, amazing, wonderful feeling -- thanks again! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:26 PM
Congrats on an awesome new uke! That's one of the prettiest KoAlohas I've ever seen, too!

Thanks a lot, haole! I think she's awful 'perty, too! I appreciate your kind comments so much!

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:27 PM
Beautiful striping and figure in the top and back of your new KoAloha ukulele, well done!

Nice video as well!

Hey, GASguy! Good to get your note -- thank you for your super nice feedback on my new KoAloha and on the video, too! I am really grateful!!! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:28 PM
Yay Chelle, congrats! So happy for you! It sure is a beautiful example and sounds wonderful. New uke days are the best! :)

Oh, Eric! I am so thrilled! I owe so many thanks to you, too, for helping me with all of this! You are right about NUDs -- this is one that I will especially remember! Thanks for helping make it all happen for me! You are awesome!

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:30 PM
I recall when I first took my KoAloha tenor from HMS out of its case. It was, like, BAM...can anything be better than THIS? I think not! What a fantastic ukulele. Thin neck makes it.

Will be interested over the weeks ahead to get your take on low G.

Aloha, Chelle.

Hey, coolkayaker1! Thanks for your note and I LOVE THE LOW G! It is taking me a bit to get used to hearing it as I play, just because my ear is used to hearing the high G, but oh man, I do SO love that low G! I don't think I'll ever go back to high G. :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:31 PM
Now that's a sweetie right there. Uke's not half bad either. Congrats Chelle! :)

Hi ya Eugene Ukulele! You are tooooo sweet yourself!!!! Thanks for your note and for your congratulatory wishes! It means a lot to me! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:32 PM
We have four KoAloha's in our house. One was a gift from Papa KoAloha. I have bought and sold many ukes, but the KoAloha's will be handed down to my kids. Love these ukes.

Big congrats on you uke, it will bring many, many smiles.

Hi, iDavid! Yes, you are right-on about the many, many smiles, indeed! I can't put the uke down, I love playing it so much!!! Thanks for your comments!

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:33 PM
Congrats Chelle on your beautiful new KoAloha. That one is truly striking. You'll have many happy hours ahead of you playing it for years to come.

Hi there, dkcrown! Thanks for your feedback -- I am so grateful! Yes, I hope that I will get to have many happy hours head playing this wonderful uke -- and years, too! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
Enjoy! Mine is strung the same way...with worth browns...i love mine

Hey there, Kamanaaloha! I know what you mean about loving it! That low G is something else, alright! :-)

Hochapeafarm
08-05-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm having uke envy. That's pretty awesome. Both the uke and you sound great!

Ahhh Fred, you are so good to me -- thank you so much!!! I am SO psyched about this uke! :-)