doctoruke.com site down??

Reaction score
I like to use the songs page at doctoruke.com for a quick start on learning new songs. Looks like his site has been down for several days now. Anybody else having trouble with his site?

So, Captain Simian, the site is working for you now?

I've tried three different browsers (Chrome, Firefox & Safari) and haven't been able to connect with doctoruke.com for three or four days now. Get various responses. For example:

ON CHROME:
Service Unavailable.
Technical description:
504 Gateway Time-out - The web server is not responding

ON SAFARI:
Response Error.
Technical description:
502 Bad Gateway - Response Error, a bad response was received from another proxy server or the destination origin server.

ON FIREFOX:
Service Unavailable.
Technical description:

I've had not problems with any other site. I'm puzzled at how this could just be on my computer? If so, what to do to fix it? Ok, dumb question here...how do I clear my browser cache. Don't see any option in browser preferences.

Thanks for your reply.

Is everyone else able to get on doctoruke.com with no problems?

Monte

Monte,

I have never been to that site before but had no problem just now with Google Chrome.

Doug

Got in just fine with Firefox.

-Kurt​

This is a bit puzzling. I cleared cache on Chrome. Still not working.

Checked with two other browsers, Safari and Firefox. Not working.

I checked with the http://www.websitenotworking.com/ and it says doctoruke.com is down for everyone.

Yet several of you guys are getting on with no problem.

How can this be?

Thanks guys for the help. Any ideas?

Monte

It is very strange. I get on the site fine with Windows XP Google Chrome and Internet Explorer 8 but if I ping the website from the command line, the request times out.

Additional info: if I ping just the IP address 207.204.4.140, it times out but if I type in the IP address 207.204.4.140, in either browser, The Website opens fine.

Our IT guy at work could probably explain it but I suspect voodoo.

Thanks, guys. I tried typing the IP address in the Chrome, Firefox and Safari. That didn't work either. Very puzzling.

Looks like nobody but Website Not Working and myself is having trouble loading doctoruke.com.

Very Weird.

Monte

This is a bit puzzling. I cleared cache on Chrome. Still not working.

Checked with two other browsers, Safari and Firefox. Not working.

I checked with the http://www.websitenotworking.com/ and it says doctoruke.com is down for everyone.

Yet several of you guys are getting on with no problem.

How can this be?

Thanks guys for the help. Any ideas?

Monte
Try a complete restart . . . that's what I usually do and clears a lot of the problems.

Just tried it. Safari on iPad, got in no problem. Will try Firefox on Linux when I go upstairs.

Additional info: if I ping just the IP address 207.204.4.140, it times out but if I type in the IP address 207.204.4.140, in either browser, The Website opens fine.

Our IT guy at work could probably explain it but I suspect voodoo.

If you're using a Windows computer the tracert 207.204.4.140 command will list all the routers from your computer to the website or to the last router that worked. We all will take different paths through the Internet to get to the website we want depending on where we are and which ISP we start out with.

I'm using a Mac Book Pro. Still can't load the site. Also tried on my iPhone and got the same request failed message:

Service Unavailable.
Technical description:

I've had no issues with any other websites, only my favorite one for learning songs...doctoruke.com. What a bummer.
It had been loading with no problems, then a few days ago it all of a sudden would not load.

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with my connection. I am in the mountains in Colorado and use my iPhone as a hotspot to connect to the internet. If there are problems it's usually that it's slow. I watch YouTube videos etc. all the time without issues other that buffering slowly. I never get a message such as I'm getting now with the doctoruke.com site.

Thanks for all the input.

Monte

I'm using a Mac Book Pro. Still can't load the site. Also tried on my iPhone and got the same request failed message:

Service Unavailable.
Technical description:

I've had no issues with any other websites, only my favorite one for learning songs...doctoruke.com. What a bummer.
It had been loading with no problems, then a few days ago it all of a sudden would not load.

I'm wondering if it could have something to do with my connection. I am in the mountains in Colorado and use my iPhone as a hotspot to connect to the internet. If there are problems it's usually that it's slow. I watch YouTube videos etc. all the time without issues other that buffering slowly. I never get a message such as I'm getting now with the doctoruke.com site.

Thanks for all the input.

Monte
For OS X, use traceroute

I spoke with Dr.Uke this morning and let him know about this thread. The company that is hosting his web site is having intermittent technical issues of some sort that are causing the sorts of problems people are describing here. They tell him that they hope to have them resolved soon, at which point doctoruke.com should be functioning normally again. This is not a problem with your computer or browser or your service provider.

Thanks, Robtjm, that's what I was hoping to hear. If you speak to Dr. Uke again please tell him his site is a tremendous resource and that his work at recording the songs and putting up chord charts is greatly appreciated. It's been a real drag not being able to get on to his site.

Monte

Top Bottom