Ukulele Tuner

Reaction score
Where can you buy a cheap yet good quality tuner for a ukulele. Specifically a soprano ukulele. And approximately how much would it be? :D

I have a tiki Gogo tuner for my cheapie tuner that I am very happy with, and a Peterson clip on for a more expensive tuner. Expect lots of buy a snark comments to follow. Certainly, Snarks are a low cost good tuner for you to look at purchasing. You can also buy a mini headstock tuner from UU where it says Buy UU Merchandise at the top of this page. You should be able to find good tuner options for $20.00.

Instuner lite is available free for iPhone (and presumably Android). It is accurate but uses the phone mic so it can have trouble when there's background noise. Snark SN-6 is pretty good and under $20. I find the mini headstock tuner to be accurate, but hard to use with friction tuning pegs.

I am a lover of the SNARK. The red one.

I am a lover of the SNARK. The red one.

:agree: Red one is SN-2. I have both the SN-2 and SN-6...both work reliably and perfectly. Buy whichever one is cheaper. Both will work on other stringed instruments as well.

Love my SNARK. Always wondered if it was supposed to be called SHARK Tuner and China messed up the h to n translation. And with 100,000 made they just went with SNARK. Good Tuner for sure.

I bought a JOYO clip on tuner (similar to SNARK) on eb@y. Cost me about 7 bucks delivered. Works like a champ on my guitars & all 4 sizes of ukes.

Any music store should have chromatic tuners starting around $12. Don't get the ones that say they're for guitar/bass because those are calibrated specifically for those instruments. Chromatic tuners will recognize every note in the scale.

Alright. Thanks for the help. Now I know what tuner I should buy and yes. I really love music.

Love my SNARK. Always wondered if it was supposed to be called SHARK Tuner and China messed up the h to n translation. And with 100,000 made they just went with SNARK. Good Tuner for sure.

Ditto. I have a blue one. I think they are $10.50 on Amazon. Free shipping if you ave Prime.

Yes SNARK is also what I have and Amazon sells them. I find them reliable for everyday use.

I have an sn2 and sn6. Also a cherub ukulele tuner, and some noname chinese one. I use the sn2 or sn6 when I restring. Although the sn6 doesn't have a microphone you can tune other instruments by clipping the sn6 onto your ukulele and playing the instrument nearby. Then you are tuning via resonance. The cherub works okay, I got it for like 3USD or something and the noname chinese for probably 5USD.

I use the clip on Lanikai that came in my son's uke kit. It is chromatic, meaning it will tune any note. That's good if you want to use alternate tunings. It is not anywhere near as sensitive as the tuners I use for clarinet/flute, but it does a nice job. I've been looking to buy a nicer clip on, but will use the "free" Lanikai for now.

I have a wired clip that came with a tuner my husband uses for his bowed psaltery. I need to see if that thing will work with my phone. I have an app called Tonal Energy that is a very nice tuner, probably the most sensitive tuner I've ever used with wind instruments. I'd love to see what the ukulele makes it do.

For what it's worth, I'm (so far) pretty happy with my Korg CA-1 chromatic tuner. Dirt-cheap on Amazon (<$11), which is where I bought it even though I'm almost militant on buying locally. Funny, when it arrived, there was a sticker price of $34 on the box! Either I got a deal, or someone wants me to think I got a deal.

Top Bottom