If you HAD to only have one uke which one would it be?

BIGDB

Reaction score
I'm wonder if you HAD to only have one of your however many ukes you have which one would it be?

I added up all the different brands and so far koaloha is in first.

Koaloha x8
Kamaka x6
Moore Bettah x3
Mya moe x3
Mainland x2
Compass rose x2
Boat paddle x2
Aloha
Ashbury
Beaver creek
Fluke
Gerald guasch
Gibson
Glyph
Kala
Kanilea
Koalana
Lanikai
LoPrinzi
Martin
Oceana
Ojai valley
Pono
National Resophonic Triolian
Santa Cruz

Also if you added 2 ukes try to narrow it down to just one. I'm only adding the people who said one

Last edited:
My KoAlana Mahogany Concert

My Glyph tenor.

attachment.php
[/IMG]

My Lanikai 6-string tenor, Koa cutaway with pickup. I go periods where I mainly play others, but always come back to this one.

My Oceana super soprano. It sounds full and warm, and it feels perfect in my hands. The fact that it's pretty doesn't hurt.

Last edited:
My KoAloha Pikkake Soprano, That is all

My Glyph tenor.

attachment.php
[/IMG]
That is utterly beautiful. Another maker for me to look up. Oh wait, we're talking about having just one uke here?

Well, if it was an absolute necessity, then my KoAloha Pikake concert my hubby gave me for our 10th anniversary this year. Sings like there are angels locked inside. But one uke? That's just crazy talk.

If future me can answer, it would be the KoAloha special order tenor I am picking up in two weeks. If only current me can answer, my old KoAloha tenor.

Dang...that's a tough one. I guess now that I put a lot of work into fabricating an extra-thick compensated bone saddle for my KoAloha longneck soprano so it intonates decently up the neck it would be that one. Until I did that, though, I wouldn't have had to hesitate over the decision, it would have been my Mainland mahogany soprano.

John

It would half-kill me if I had to part with my little friends, but if I really had to choose just one, it would be my National Resophonic Triolian

If I had to make a choice it'd be my Beaver Creek Soprano

I suppose somebody has to be a wet blanket, so I'll step up. I only own one ukulele--a Mainland mahogany concert with slotted headstock, bought almost exactly 2 years ago. I'm hoping my answer will be different in the future--I'm on the waiting list for a Mya-Moe.

Top Bottom