Craig's Waltz

CTurner

Reaction score
Here's my attempt at Howard Heitmeyer's "Craig's Waltz", written for and originally performed by Craig Brandau. I figured another Craig should learn this one! :) I appreciate Craig publishing some of the songs he does in his Chord Solos book. They are very challenging and you can learn a lot by playing and studying them. Done on my Lichty tenor, D tuning, Southcoast strings.

I like to tune my tenor down instead of up, but that uke sounds really good with the low A.

Thanks, Jim. I've found on my Lichty that the low linear tuning in D still brings out the balance of depth and high clarity I like.

Stan, that's my Lichty tenor, such a smooth playing uke.

Nice Craig! I've never heard the song played in that tuning! Did you figure this out by ear or sheet?

Right out of your Solos book, Craig! Though I think I <might> have had a copy of it from a while back, bought off your site (?). It is different in that tuning, isn't it?

Thanks for listening, Craig.

Actually, this song isn't in the solos book, so, you must have got a copy. I just revised the sheet music and you may wish to get a copy. Thanks again and here's the link for the sheet/TAB: Craig's Waltz

Right out of your Solos book, Craig! Though I think I <might> have had a copy of it from a while back, bought off your site (?). It is different in that tuning, isn't it?

Thanks for listening, Craig.

Top Bottom