WTT/WTB: Pono 6 String

erios999

Reaction score
So I started checking the board again about 3 days after someone just sold their 6-string Pono a couple of months ago and I've been OCD on this board ever since. I even went to the Ko'olau shop only months after they discontinued 6-strings. Sooo, here's my thought: I have a Pono MT and a Lanikai CK-6E I'd gladly trade plus cash if you require. If cash only, please let me know your price. If the price starts getting too close to a new Kanile'a 6-string I'll just buy one of those. Oh, I'll post pics of my ukes if it turns out someone has a Pono 6 for trade.

Mahalos everyone and hope you are all doing great! :D

Rick

What about a mele 6 string?

So I started checking the board again about 3 days after someone just sold their 6-string Pono a couple of months ago and I've been OCD on this board ever since. I even went to the Ko'olau shop only months after they discontinued 6-strings. Sooo, here's my thought: I have a Pono MT and a Lanikai CK-6E I'd gladly trade plus cash if you require. If cash only, please let me know your price. If the price starts getting too close to a new Kanile'a 6-string I'll just buy one of those. Oh, I'll post pics of my ukes if it turns out someone has a Pono 6 for trade.

Mahalos everyone and hope you are all doing great! :D

Rick

Not sure if you know it or not, but you may rather have the Mele 6 string. If I could have snagged one as cheaply as I got my Pono 6 string refurb, I'd have rather had it. Awesome uke.

Thank you haolejohn and thank you PhilUSAFRet! To be honest I have never heard a Pono 6, in person that is. In fairness I may not even like it. It's more of a psychological thing than anything else. I was so close to having one twice and then missed out. It'd be nice to know for myself if it's something I'd keep or not. I do enjoy my Pono MT and MTD8 quite a bit so I figured I wouldn't dislike the 6.

Thanks guys

I like my Pono 6 string, and you'd probably like it too. I bought a Southcoast 8 string set so I could have the low C high C thing. just saying if I'd have gotten the right deal, would rather have had the Mele. I prefer 6 strings to 8 strings myself.

I prefer 6 to 8 as well. But i do have a6 stringer I'm seeking next week. It's in Alaska and i won't be back until next week.

I highly recommend the Kanile'a 6 string.....outstanding instrument!!!! (if you want to go the extra money) BUT....Mele ukes are quite good at less money!!

I highly recommend the Kanile'a 6 string.....outstanding instrument!!!! (if you want to go the extra money) BUT....Mele ukes are quite good at less money!!

Totally, it sounded amazing! But I don't think I'm ready to spend $1,300+ on an uke at this point. Maybe when I get better. :)

Top Bottom