NUD again!

allanr

Reaction score
My wife's birthday is next week, so of course, she is getting a uke from me. She doesn't share my UAS but she has been complaining that her Kala soprano doesn't fit her well because of the shape, and that shed like something more comfortable and a bit better as her travel uke and tight-spaces uke... Our local uke jam can get VERY crowded!

So, today i tried out an Eleuke acoustic electric soprano with a solid spruce top. I also tried out the solid mahogany model at the same price, but the spruce top sounded much nicer to me, and I liked the way it looks too.

BTW if you live in North York or Thornhill, the store that I bought it was staffed by two of the nicest people I've ever met in a music store. Not a great uke selection, but they are one if the only stores in the Toronto area that carry Eleuke. Store name is the Guitar Shack on Centre Street.

Fortunately my wife does not read this forum so I can safely post here. Facebook will have to wait!

Congrats to your wife and congrats to you. You're a lucky man to be able to have a gift to her help feed your UAS. I tried buying my wife a chainsaw for an anniversary gift. It didn't go well and ended up costing a lot more than what the chainsaw cost!

Congrats to your wife and congrats to you. You're a lucky man to be able to have a gift to her help feed your UAS. I tried buying my wife a chainsaw for an anniversary gift. It didn't go well and ended up costing a lot more than what the chainsaw cost!
LOL!

Not too far off for me. She is quite content to have no more than three Ukes, and would probably (ie/ for sure) preferred flowers and a bathroom refinish! But what the heck! She'll like the uke and I'll get to sell her old one.

Birthday arrived today and the Eleuke was gifted. She really likes it a lot!

Much to my surprise she did not ask me to sell her Kala Pineapple. In fact, she asked to keep it on the Wall of Uke. I guess the UAS is mildly contagious after all :)

It's a shame that the Eleuke brand is disappearing from the market. This was a heck of a lot of uke for less than $200 (pre-taxes). With the solid spruce top it sounds very nice.

Top Bottom