Wine Country Uke Fest, September 2013 - Which Day?

ksiegel

Probably unknown member
UU VIP
Reaction score
Okay, so it looks like I have a shot at getting to the Wine Country Uke Fest in Saint Helena, Napa County California. But I'll probably only be able to go one day - Saturday, or Sunday.

So which one, dear friends.... Which One?

(And I look forward to meeting new friends, re-meeting old friends , and bowing down at the feet of Ken Middleton!)

-Kurt​

AWESOME- you just make sure I know which it will be! I am available for both I hope (I have birds on Saturday, but I can do that early and bug out over the hill)

I'd suggest Saturday, mostly because after the festival that day there's a gathering at Gott's Roadside, including an open mic. If you're not interested in that but you are interested in taking a workshop or two, pick the day with the workshops that are the most interesting to you. It'll be great to see you there, so please let us know what day you decide, if you are able to get there.

Kurt-

KinnardUkes will be there displaying so whatever day you do attend we get to meet! Awesome!

Kevin
KinnardUkes.com

I am going on Saturday. I've met a couple UU members there. We should arrange a meet up at the festival...

HMS-Theukulelesite will be there on all days with ukes ukes ukes....If I can get by the vineyards.....you know that darn grapes bushes always blocking the roads...ha ha

Bring Len! :)

The Wine Country Festival always has a great atmosphere: very friendly and relaxed. It also offers a huge number of workshops to choose from (about 40, I think). Something for everyone.

I think this will be the 4th time I have been part of it. If you are attending, I will see you there.

Last edited:
Aloha Denise,
Wish I could be there to help you....good luck on your new business venture.....

Thanks Stan, I have been an artist, making and selling my art all my life.....so it's not exactly a "new" venture...but this is my first time getting a booth to sell my work...I just couldn't resist the atmosphere of the Ukulele Festival..seems like the nicest possible Festival to give it a try...and I really do hope to meet all the neat people who are on this forum and who will be at the Festival.

I've signed up for two workshops on Saturday: Ken Middleton's "Getting out of your rut", and Sarah Meisel's "Up the Neck".

I don't know if my playing is up to the levels of the workshops (level 3), but I'm hoping to get pushed out of my comfort zone by attending them.

And I'll get to bow at Ken's feet. (g)

I'm looking forward to getting together with Dave, Gary, and Mark again, seeing Rick Turner again, and meeting everyone else.

I'm planning on bringing the Donaldson. I just can't stop playing it!

-Kurt​

Kinnard Ukes will be there with the Road Trip Tenor that you've been reading reviews about.

Oh, yes.. KevDog let me know.
And I wrote /recorded one of those reviews! The Road Trip Uke is awesome!
-Kurt​

I was saying that more for other readers of the thread, Kurt. I remember your review. My husband posted the most recent review of it. The experience prompted him to buy a Kinnard uke.

Top Bottom