Pineapple Sunday Ukulele

ryanshanabarger

Reaction score
Hello all!

I am currently in the market for a Pineapple Sunday ukulele, and had 3 questions:

1. Is anyone planning on selling one on here soon?

2. Can someone explain whether or not there are different sizes? It seems like all the ones i've found are "soprano body with tenor length neck", is this the standard and only setup?

3. Most importantly, is there anyone in the indiana/ohio area that has one and would be willing to meet up with me? As a college student, I dont have unlimited resources and would LOVE a chance to play a pineapple before I plop down the cash to get one of my own!

THANK YOU ALL for your time,

Ryan

I believe the body is considered a concert sized body with tenor neck. I only know of one sized pineapple Sunday. It will probably be difficult to find someone near you that has one as their aren't that many out there. I was a previous owner of one and I don't have any complaints with them. They definitely have what I would think of as a Hawaiian sound to them and playability is very good. I really liked the tenor neck.

I love them. They're definitely soprano-ish in sound, but a little richer. There's at least one with a concert neck out there (a custom order), but they come standard as tenors. The only (minor) quibble that some folks have about them is that the tenor neck feels a little heavy compared to the small body. That's what straps are for!

I have one I bought from MGM years ago that I will never sell.

I believe most are concert sized pineapple shaped bodies with a tenor scale neck.

Mine has the sound of the Hawaiian Islands; the palm trees sway when it is played!

Top Bottom